Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Putting patches onto a floppy disk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Computer Programmers – Software Developers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TobyRhys

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Putting patches onto a floppy disk Reply with quote

Hello, so I have recently just purchased my first korg product a used korg t3, the previous owner has also supplied me with 5 floppy disks with various patches and another 5 blank disks, I was wandering how i can put patches onto a blank floppy disk via usb floppy drive and import them onto my t3.
I have downloaded various patches from the internet including the m1 factory sounds but I'm not sure to do with the patches as they are all in a format called syx, do i just put these patches onto the floppy disk and im good to go or do i need to do something else to the files in order for the t3 to recognize them.
I have no experience what so ever in this area so i am extremely grateful for any given help.
Kenny59

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a T3. I believe that I have some discs with patches, sequences, and maybe some other data. I may have the manuals as well. If I can locate these, PM your email address and I will give whatever I can find to you.

Kenny59
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if you can use M1 patches on a T3 (at least in .syx format).

However, normally .syx files needs to be sent by MIDI, e.g. with MIDI-OX. I never tried this myself btw.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M1 SYX file CAN be used on the T-series, but you'll need to transfer them via MIDI (so, you'll need a MIDI interface on you computer, MIDI cables and a SYSEX capable software, like for example MIDI-OX, or SysEx Loader).

T-series works with a proprietary disk format and I only know of a couple of software (obsoleted by now, and even the platform they were running on) that can handle them, at all. You can image the floppies with Omniflop and store them as files, but you'll not be able to edit anything on a modern computer. You can send SYX files, edit them on the synth and then save to floppy. Then you can archive as described above, but perhaps archiving directly via MIDI SysEx is better, if you're already set up for MIDI with the T3.

So, the short answer is that you cannot...
Quote:
... put patches onto a blank floppy disk via usb floppy drive and import them onto my t3.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the M1 and T series patches are really equal, I will try to make it eventually possible to copy them from M1 to T3.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Computer Programmers – Software Developers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: