Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca Noise

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gabrielstigmatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Volca Noise Reply with quote

I made some weird s**t with the Volca and iKaossilator for the iPhone.

https://soundcloud.com/hyperrealist/cerebra

https://soundcloud.com/hyperrealist/digitalis

I will give feedback to your songs if you leave feedback or comments on mine.
analoguekid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Volca Noise Reply with quote

gabrielstigmatic wrote:
I made some weird s**t with the Volca and iKaossilator for the iPhone.

https://soundcloud.com/hyperrealist/cerebra

https://soundcloud.com/hyperrealist/digitalis

I will give feedback to your songs if you leave feedback or comments on mine.

I will look forward to having a listen to these later on tonight when in the studio, thanks for sharing them:-)
gabrielstigmatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for giving it a listen. I know that a lot of it is pretty out there. I am really into metal and ambience. Hence the screaming/chanting sounds that you hear.

I am also not that great of a keyboardist, especially on the tiny little ribbon keyboard. I got a little USB keyboard, so I am going to try to get better. I am mostly a guitar player.

As to how I am going to incorporate stuff like this into my more cohesive song structures... I have no clue. I am thinking of creating weird odd time rhythms that stay interesting along with ambient blankets and then playing guitar on top of that.

My guitar is being repaired right now. So my complete setup only really exists in my mind right now. I guess I'm trying to flesh it out and make it a reality.

The difficult thing with the Volcas by themselves is switching to other parts of a song. I am considering getting a looper or the Elektron Octatrack. That would make it pretty easy.
analoguekid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to confess I didn't get a chance to give them a play, have done now and left a few comments on SC, some very unusual stuff there and would like to hear how you develop it with guitars, either looping or just straight Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: