Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Serious update features need to complete Kronos X
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
godparticle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Serious update features need to complete Kronos X Reply with quote

Korg on their website make claims for Kronos X being a one-stop solution, so i have to ask why they left it short of a few needed things.

If it is possible Korg, actually if i owned Korg, i would update Kronos X with these few necessary things, it would make Kronos X truly the best ever.

1: Add the Korg Radias synth, alongside the MS20 and Poly Six and AL-1, that would make Kronos X complete beyond question with no need for any other synth options, it would be capable of damn near anything, especially for EDM Pop-music etc. And on top of all this we need more synth-presets in the form of Synth plucks, Hoovers, Phat Stabs and Hooks, plus phat pulsating Trance Pads, desperately needed; you have neglected this area of synth-presets for the in-built synth-engines Korg. Most of us are not synth-preset designers, you know that, so c'mon Korg!
2: Alongside the 3 band EQ there should be a compressor available for every track. Not much CPU needed for this really, but very necessary to have the compressors.
3: Add another two effect-units to the Total-effect section. Why leave Kronos X two effects-units short of a complete mastering solution? This makes no sense and is a stupid decision on Korgs part. For mastering we need four things -5 band master EQ - Extremely accurate tape saturation emulation -Phase Linear 3 band compressor - Ultra transparent limiter.
4: 4 more effect units so that all 16 tracks can have one each if required.
5: More dance-music EDM drumkits with many more phat claps, plus hard thumping kick-drums, and a bigger selection of TR909 style Open Hi-Hats.
6: An extra Reverb unit in the Master effects. Two Reverb units are an absolute must for real-time playback of a complete mix. Bouncing-down internally to the sampler as a WAV-file to compensate for lack of effects is just an inconvenient stupid hindrance and pain in the ass.

These things i have requested would make Kronos X a 'truly' one-stop solution. I have to say Korg, some of us do really want to ditch the computer all together. Most of the things i have requested merely involve a bit more CPU power and minor re-jigging of the interface.
EDM drumkits seem to have been neglected by you Korg! Why didn't you make a better effort man, some of us wish to use Kronos X for full-blown EDM Pop music production, and only a few cents of CPU is holding it back.

If Korg added all my requests in the form of an update, or a new release Kronos X II, nothing else on the planet would qualify better as a true workstation, especially if the Radias board was added alongside better EDM Drumkits, PHAT CLAPS and THUMPING kick-drums are the order of the day, and every day for that matter. I'm begging you Korg, Kronos X II update please, with all these these requests granted. Otherwise this workstation remains so close yet so far as a true one-stop solution without the need for a computer, seriously. read this post carefully Korg, and consider what i have said from an EDM producer's stand-point. Scew the Steinway Grand, i need more EDM synths, superlative phat drumkits, and more effects units, cheers. Here's hoping, otherwise it's the upcoming Cubase 8 on a Laptop for me. Your decision Korg, consider what i have said please. Radias, you made it available for the M3 but not the Kronos? Huh?? You put a 'real' Tube in the Triton but not the M3? Huh?? What the hell is up with you Korg, just put everything in and let us go to town, simple, stop friggen deleting things man. You music companies always leave us wanting one way or another, and because if this my producer partners and friends think these hardware companies are a pack of jackass just f*ck*ng us around, it's 2014 Korg, cut the crap and stop holding-out Geezzz, enough of the bullshit already! No more time for games in this day and age!!! Crying or Very sad

Last edited by godparticle on Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:22 pm; edited 4 times in total
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of points, not necessarily in the order of your post;
1. Nearly all serious production nowadays is done in a dedicated computer based DAW. So adding more TFX for mastering purposes makes no sense to me. Additionally, mastering is done on a stereo wave file, so just bounce your mix to a stereo wav and then use any of the 12IFX. This is exactly the way you'd do it on your DAW. I would also seriously reconsider your mastering chain.
2. The Radias is a very nice VA but not truly unique and it doesn't really add a whole lot to what the K already offers. Just my opinion. I would certainly like even more and better synth options.
3. You can add any sample collection of PHAT CLAPS and THUMPING kick-drums to your K already. You can also synthesize them using any of the engines. No update needed, though more free sounds are always welcome. You already get more than in many computer based solutions.
4. You can already use two different reverbs as MFX. I'd also like more slots, but then, I use a DAW for production.
godparticle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said i wanted to get away from the computer DAW, and the point of all my requests was to address just that, hello?

If we are able to bounce the song down as a WAV-file and add any of the multi-effects for mastering, then why did Korg give us the Total effects section in the first place?? Just give us two more effects units in the Total effects section Korg, and we can route everything down on the fly in real time without bounce-downs which cause minor artfacts each time we do that anyway, which leads me to my second point, it is not the preferred way to do it like this in a DAW, i run the whole mix in real-time on my DAW with all effects units in real-time and then put the Mastering effects on the stereo-bus, every effect of the whole mix running in real-time, so your suggestion is not at all the preferred method.

The Radias is a unique beast with flexible real-deal sound. The AL-1 may be pretty good for multi-purpose too, but the Radias has a lot to offer for synth-heads like me and you, and would be a real boon for all us EDM pop-music producers, we would never need any other synth added to the Kronos X ever again.

What a pain having to look for drumkits with PHAT Claps and thumping kicks and crunchy clean-sounding mettalic TR909 type hi-Hats, not as easy as you think to find QUALITY in this area, also downloading and getting them into Kronos is always an unnecessary inconvenience, it's much better to have these drumkits already in there from the get-go.

My whole point to all this is that Korg didn't really go the whole hog when they could have, they still held-out on us, like all the workstation companies have been doing from year dot, if it's not one thing missing it's another, but in this day and age there's no excuse for compromises any more or workarounds, just get the appropriate CPU chip and slam in the features no-holds-barred. They always find some stupid illogical reason to hold-out and cut-back, which pisses me off cause these days it is not necessary to hold-back on workstation power. Don't tell me money, what's another $50 for a mega CPU, nothing.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Godparticle is back.

The Motif XF not working out?

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

godparticle wrote:

The Radias is a unique beast with flexible real-deal sound. The AL-1 may be pretty good for multi-purpose too, but the Radias has a lot to offer for synth-heads like me and you, and would be a real boon for all us EDM pop-music producers, we would never need any other synth added to the Kronos X ever again.

You don't know what the hell your talking about and haven't spent more than five minutes programming the AL-1.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a nice warm distortion FX. Can't see to find a good one on the current Kronos. While I'm at it, 73 or 76 semi-weighted version. (I know, I know, that's not going to happen.) Rolling Eyes
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:
Godparticle is back.

The Motif XF not working out?

Busch.

Laughing lets not feed him
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

godparticle wrote:
I said i wanted to get away from the computer DAW, and the point of all my requests was to address just that, hello?

If we are able to bounce the song down as a WAV-file and add any of the multi-effects for mastering, then why did Korg give us the Total effects section in the first place?? Just give us two more effects units in the Total effects section Korg, and we can route everything down on the fly in real time without bounce-downs which cause minor artfacts each time we do that anyway, which leads me to my second point, it is not the preferred way to do it like this in a DAW, i run the whole mix in real-time on my DAW with all effects units in real-time and then put the Mastering effects on the stereo-bus, every effect of the whole mix running in real-time, so your suggestion is not at all the preferred method.

What a pain having to look for drumkits with PHAT Claps and thumping kicks and crunchy clean-sounding mettalic TR909 type hi-Hats, not as easy as you think to find QUALITY in this area, also downloading and getting them into Kronos is always an unnecessary inconvenience, it's much better to have these drumkits already in there from the get-go.

My whole point to all this is that Korg didn't really go the whole hog when they could have, they still held-out on us, like all the workstation companies have been doing from year dot, if it's not one thing missing it's another, but in this day and age there's no excuse for compromises any more or workarounds, just get the appropriate CPU chip and slam in the features no-holds-barred. They always find some stupid illogical reason to hold-out and cut-back, which pisses me off cause these days it is not necessary to hold-back on workstation power. Don't tell me money, what's another $50 for a mega CPU, nothing.

Yes, you mentioned not wanting to use a computer, but then you started listing features that are super simple and available on a computer, so I figured you were a little clueless in this area.

I use the total fx all the time by the way and don't do any production on the K. It's simply useful to have a compressor/limiter or eq available post reverb in some cases.

You also demonstrate that you don't have the faintest idea about mastering. And not about AL1 either.

I'm done here.
Link

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been waiting for update too, but my list is completely different. Which is quite a dilemma with these multifunction synths; every one has different demands and soon the feature list becomes pretty taxing to fulfill even for a big company. I am rather satisfied with Kronoses effects. Nothing is perfect of course, but before effects I would ask for different things.

I would be a lot more confident on buying Kronos if it got sequencer update like what Krome has, as well as something to do with that touch screen, like being able to fiddle those virtual knobs and sliders.

It might be too much to ask, but a new engine or updates for current ones...while not absolutely necessary, would certainly be the most exciting thing to have. I would pay for them!
LZ
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing the Radias does that can't be done with AL-1.

More effects would be nice. You could put a compressor IFX on every track if you wanted to if there were more available. I don't see the need for compression on EVERY track, however.

I agree that the drums are lacking.

My biggest wish would be better amp sims.
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LZ wrote:

More effects would be nice. You could put a compressor IFX on every track if you wanted to if there were more available. I don't see the need for compression on EVERY track, however.

i am starting to find drum variation in Karma scenes.
lonelagranger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done my share of complaining about build quality but, frankly, I got over it. The best update for me would be to learn how to use all of the great functions that Korg has put into the instrument. I am afraid I am guilty of not rtfm syndrome. I always enjoy playing the Kronos X and feel I have gotten more than my monies worth. Thanks Korg. Smile
LZ
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
LZ wrote:

i am starting to find drum variation in Karma scenes.

I'm just not real happy with the raw samples. I think too many of them rely too heavily on FX to achieve their sound, which means you have to tie up a whole bunch of IFX in a song just for drums, and it really makes it Mir difficult to edit them. There are some cool sounds, but it's missing some basics.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know immediately after auditioning the internal wav-rom of any workstation what ilk and age the programmers are.
Clearly a lot of the boffins who done the sampling session and preset programming for the Kronos are old-timers in love with EP's and stage performance type sounds. they completely neglect us modern producers. That really friggs me off when this happens, and actually is pure negligence on Korgs part.

I wish it would occur to these workstation companies to realize that their will always be a certain amount of EDM and Pop music producers using a workstation who prefer to stay away from the computer if possible.

The EDM drumkit offerings in Kronos are just bloody awful and downright pathetic actually. How on earth these workstation companies are more in love with Pianos, EP's and flutes and Sitars is just beyond me. Utter negligence and neglect and pigheaded one-eyed bias from where i'm sitting.
Yamaha is more aware of the potential user-base for their customers, they actually do address every genre fairly in the ROM.

Concerning extra effects, they are needed, desperately. And i may not need to use a compressor on every channel, but i certainly would need a compressor for 12 of the sixteen tracks.

And the Total effect section in kronos, oooohhhhh the total effects, c'mon Korg, cut the bullshit man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two more Total effects please.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edm kits?

Last time I checked, my Kronos has a sampler.
Problem solved
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: