Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Karma Run Disable?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Umut Erhan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Karma Run Disable? Reply with quote

Hi, sometimes I can't uncheck the Run boxes of Karma Modules. What is the reason and how can I disable run?

www.umuterhan.com
www.uesound.com -> Kronos Combi Pack & Sequencer Pack
Umut Erhan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this topic but it didn't solve any problem. There is nothing wrong with Perf RTP. I can't select/deselect run with even the initial combis or the ones I already disabled run before. I restarted Kronos but still the same..

http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?p=87661

www.umuterhan.com
www.uesound.com -> Kronos Combi Pack & Sequencer Pack
phenaste

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You missed something.

If you read the topic of karma-lab, Stephen Kay answered clearly.

I was facing the same problem, until I found the association of Performance Parameter Group:Mix Parameter:Run with respective SW1 to SW4 buttons.

You have to remote the Performance Parameter Run to control again the Run checkbox of the KARMA page.

Hope this help you.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If some KARMA Parameter is grayed out and can't be selected on the screen, it means it is ASSIGNED as a Performance RTP - meaning some switch or slider on the control surface is connected to it. Therefore, you figure out which button or slider is hooked up to it, and you control it from the Control Surface. Generally, in most of the Combis, all or some of the Modules have their run buttons control by Switches 1,2,3 or 4 - so you can mute and unmute them in the scenes.

Or you can go to Perf RTP and UNASSIGN them (not usually recommended).

Sometimes, some parameters are grayed out because they are not available for a particular mode of operation or based on some other settings, as well.

go2ldook

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone who had this problem figured out how to correct it? I am just figuring out how to use Karma a bit. I have been setting up Karma in a number of Combis, and Run was initially greyed out (but selected) on Module A, but I could select it for other Modules. Now it is greyed out for all Modules and I cannot select Run (or deselect) at all. I have tried every switch and slider possible. There is nothing helpful I can see under Perf RTP as suggested. I am stuck.

I don't know how this happened. I am fairly certain I did not change this with what I was doing...is there a limit on the number of combis you can set up for Karma control? Could I have exceeded that and now it is greyed out? Just grasping at straws.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go2ldook wrote:
Has anyone who had this problem figured out how to correct it? I am just figuring out how to use Karma a bit. I have been setting up Karma in a number of Combis, and Run was initially greyed out (but selected) on Module A, but I could select it for other Modules. Now it is greyed out for all Modules and I cannot select Run (or deselect) at all. I have tried every switch and slider possible. There is nothing helpful I can see under Perf RTP as suggested. I am stuck.

I don't know how this happened. I am fairly certain I did not change this with what I was doing...is there a limit on the number of combis you can set up for Karma control? Could I have exceeded that and now it is greyed out? Just grasping at straws.

It *will be* under Perf RTP. There are several pages. There are 8 Perf RTP "slots". Find the one that is set to control Module Run.

go2ldook

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...I found it and fixed it. I was confused by the display: under Perf RTP all Groups said "Off" and all Parameters were "----", so I assumed nothing was going on in there.

I was also confused by the term "Pages", but now I see you have to select an option under "Group", then select an option under Parameters (which varies depending on what you selected under Group.

So under Group I selected "Mix", and then had the option to select "Run". The boxes under Modules A,B,C,D should be unchecked. If they are checked the "Run" boxes on the GE Setup page will be greyed out.

Interestingly, none of those A,B,C,D boxes were checked, despite the fact that the Run boxes on the GE Setup page were greyed out. However, just the act of opening the Mix/Run options on the Perf RTP page corrected the issue.

I have no clue what I might have done that would have affected this setting, as I was having no issues at all, then all of a sudden this came up and all my Combis had "Run" greyed out. And doing the above under the Perf RTP page for one Combi fixed it for all of my Combis thankfully.

Sorry for the detailed explanation, but I think this will be more clear to those of us who are still figuring out our way around the Kronos interface. I am sure to a lot of you experienced keyboard guys (I am a guitar player), this is a little easier.
go2ldook

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and thank you for the prompt reply, Stephen!
tatun2010

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go2ldook wrote:
OK...I found it and fixed it. I was confused by the display: under Perf RTP all Groups said "Off" and all Parameters were "----", so I assumed nothing was going on in there.

I was also confused by the term "Pages", but now I see you have to select an option under "Group", then select an option under Parameters (which varies depending on what you selected under Group.

So under Group I selected "Mix", and then had the option to select "Run". The boxes under Modules A,B,C,D should be unchecked. If they are checked the "Run" boxes on the GE Setup page will be greyed out.

Interestingly, none of those A,B,C,D boxes were checked, despite the fact that the Run boxes on the GE Setup page were greyed out. However, just the act of opening the Mix/Run options on the Perf RTP page corrected the issue.

I have no clue what I might have done that would have affected this setting, as I was having no issues at all, then all of a sudden this came up and all my Combis had "Run" greyed out. And doing the above under the Perf RTP page for one Combi fixed it for all of my Combis thankfully.

Sorry for the detailed explanation, but I think this will be more clear to those of us who are still figuring out our way around the Kronos interface. I am sure to a lot of you experienced keyboard guys (I am a guitar player), this is a little easier.

Thak you very much! If it wasnt for your post I would be still looking for a way to solve this. That setting make no sense. There is no way to know that you can uncheck the greyed box just selecting Mix. Thank you again!
robertaramar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thank you so much. I was going crazy because I didn't find a way to get my switches back ungreyed. I had to bring up four slots in perf rtp until my switch on A came back on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: