Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KROME -SOUND PROBLEM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaycee10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have a similar problem when using the damper pedal for the Piano instruments. While holding down the damper pedal and playing multiple notes successively, suddenly it cuts off at one side or both sides and there's that ticking static like sound. It's not just on the headphone jack but the line out as well. Any idea what could the problem be?

Funny thing is it's only for the piano instruments. When it comes to the other instruments like guitar, flute, woodwinds, brass etc they all working fine..

I hope someone can provide some sort of solution as here in Hong Kong I have asked and they said if I waned to bring it to repair it may take some time up to months before i can get back the keyboard and I gotta use my Keyboard it's the only one I have right now..
JeffersonX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I'm Jefferson from Brazil and my Korg Krome 73 is having the same problem. On many forums in here people are complaining about this problem. I think it's a general problem Crying or Very sad
mpaul

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Friends,
I Think that same, it is a general problem.
Otherwise it is damaged or corrupted sound output section of Mother board, like a Computer. When working a computer connect or disconnect components, use low quality or damaged cables, half inserted pins are can cause damage Mother boards.
In krome Sound cutoff problem affected to all sounds but we clearly notified only from stereo samples like Krome Piano, Acc. Jazz drums etc.
(Sorry for my English)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JorgeLaVanda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone...I´m Jorge from Chile and I have the same trouble with my krome 73....i think it's a serial manufacture korg's issue (it can´t be a isolated event if exist several owners with the same trouble).... I feel very frustrated and dissapointed because in Southamerica we can't get direct contact with Korg like USA or another countries in Europe and Asia and the dealers here sucks, so if i want to get any part for repair i must wait almost 2 months Mad ... and forget it if your warranty is expired or your loose your buy ticket...

why Korg don't have a contact page for everyone that i put my krome serial number and i could upload a MP3 or video with the problem, so Korg send me directly the mainboard or the part that is damaged? At least Korg must answer us for get an explanation... the keyboard i's not cheap and it's not a toy

Now i got a partial solution....editing the sound in the page Prog basic/controllers selecting "single trigger" reduces the chops and the noises a little (at least for me, i hope for you too)...
p.s.: forgive my english...it's a little rusty Laughing
Floydtom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Same thing Reply with quote

Mine is doing the same thing... A little tick sound after certain combis are played.... What was the fix for that?
Floydtom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Sound problem ticking Reply with quote

It is in Combi B 68... On my Korg Krome
CherryPistolKeys

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also experiencing the "piano click and cutout" problem. In the meantime, I've simply been using another module to generate my piano sounds and play them from the Korg, but since my warranty period is getting close to complete, I've arranged with the service center near my town to have it repaired.

Luckily, they'll take a look at it for diagnosis, but make it available for any gigs I may have. I'll then give it back to them for repair when the necessary parts arrive (if any), and I also have a gap in my gig schedule.

I'll post any new info I have after the process is complete.
Kurzweil K2000 and K2000R
Roland D-50
Roland Jupiter 8
Roland A-30
Alesis QSR
rivanho

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to see what solution Korg offers as I bought a Krome yesterday second hand and it seems to have the same problem. First i was desperate thinking I bought a defective unit but now it seems all Kromes have this issue. Fortunately there's still warranty left for my unit but before I bring it to the dealer i want to know if they will be able to solve the problem quickly. To be followed....
Jef Cabrera

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject: System error id : 216 [FIXED] Reply with quote

Good Day to all. To those having the system error 216 message during Korg KROME boot up, and that annoying sound cutoff on Pianos and Jazz drums. I fixed mine, the problem causing my KROME is the internal MICROSD (probably the XL.M and XL.S samples are corrupted which causes the Krome piano sounds to cut off and freeze).

Here's what I did:
1. Download the Korg KROME image file. http://dropmefiles.com/N2e5G (credit goes to Nick Refil Bogorosh for sharing the file)
2. Download and install WIN 32 DISK IMAGER
3. Extract the downloaded image file using WINRAR.
4. Mount the image file on WIN 32 DISK IMAGER then choose the directory of your MICRO SD (i bought a brand new MICRO SD and format it in FAT 32).
5. Hit WRITE on WIN 32 DISK IMAGER. that's it!

Hope this helps for you. PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT IF THIS ALSO WORKS ON YOUR KROME

MY FB: https://www.facebook.com/jef.cabrera
rivanho

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply but i'm afraid to perform this operation myself and fear, if something goes wrong, the Krome would eventually not start at all.
My Krome is stiil under warranty so it's a job for the service department. If it goes wrong there tey can give a new Krome Wink

(I do not have the system error 216) only the cutoff piano sounds
mpaul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:57 am    Post subject: Problem returned Reply with quote

Hi friends
I have very sadly inform to all,
Korg had replaced Mother board and solved the problem temporary. But after 6 months returned the same problem, piano/drums note cutoff frequently, (My kbd is very rarely used)

Last edited by mpaul on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:47 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wizzard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I wrote a few posts earlier on page 1.

So I had the same issue with a Krome 88.
I gave it to my merchant around July, they sent it to Korg.

Korg replaced the Mainboard, I didn't pay anything because of warranty.
That fixed it until now.

HOWEVER I just got the exact same problem again after 6 months, i have no clue what to do.

How do you guys think we can catch Korgs attention onto this topic?
rivanho

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting Korg's attention ???
They even did not bother to answer my email Sad
It will be the last Korg instrument I ever bought !

Last edited by rivanho on Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
marct2009

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:49 am    Post subject: Months with no answer Reply with quote

I've had this same issue my krome has been sitting in the case in the closet for a couple months now. I know it needs a new mother board but they run over 300 alone not including labor. If anyone finds anything out please post something.
rivanho

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Krome realy needs a new motherboard then the fix Jef proposed is not the final solution. I got a answer from Korg Netherlands with the promise they would dive into my case after NAMM..... that was it...now it's very quiet.. so it will realy be the last Korg i ever bought. Their follow-up sucks Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: