Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KROME -SOUND PROBLEM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rivanho

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Krome realy needs a new motherboard then the fix Jef proposed is not the final solution. No news yet from Korg here.. so it will realy be the last Korg i ever bought. Their follow-up sucks Evil or Very Mad
marct2009

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried his method tho I doubt it will work but at this point I'll try anything. I'll post my results if I try.
JeffersonX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took my Krome to technical assistance in the middle of the last year. They changed main board. Problem was fixed for a few months, but it started to cut piano sounds in December again. Yesterday I took my Krome to change the main board one more time. It's the last time I buy a KORG!
paulsicear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:32 am    Post subject: Piano clipping Reply with quote

Wizzard wrote:
Hi,
I kinda have the same issue, when I play or record some piano, I get short "pop" sounds left and right.
At first I thought it would be something with the effects, but it isn't. I tryed resetting, didn't work.
Maybe there is something wrong with the release sound samples of the piano?

Edit: I just tested out a few things, the "corrupted" Piano sounds are the XL.ST Piano oscillatorsounds.
When I put them into a patch with the same settings as the A00 piano, I get the "pop"sounds if I play enough notes.
I will test if it is just within one of the 8 XL.ST sounds or if all of them have the problem

Hello. I have a Krome 88 recently. Sounds and keyboard are fantastic! But what a disappointment when I play the piano ...
The problem is in the damper oscillator (resonance effect). I tested it alone and really just clipped all the time and sounds are turned off suddenly.
The solution, disable it.
I hope that Korg has a solution to this problem via software.
kerry.p.browne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:55 am    Post subject: Same problem, fixed with new main board, broken again after Reply with quote

I had the same problem with Some notes dropping with a click when playing piano. I had the main board replaced under warranty and the problem was resolved.

Now, 11 months later, the same problem is back. If they can't permanently resolve this issue, they should at least extend people's warranties. I thought I was buying a quality product from a quality company, but now I'm frustrated and probably won't ever buy a Korg again.

Kerry Browne
ttino

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have almost the same problem with organ sounds.. First i thought that problem is in my speakers, cables, outputs, master potentiometer or keyboard effects on my krome but the problems is in that one or two organ multisamples which distorting/cliping in fourth octave and its really irritating.. Main problem is that this multisamples are usually used in majority organ programs.. for example in program "Love Organ".. So did anyone else had this problem?
And does anyone know how to fix this with some parameters or something?
It's really sad because krome is very solid workstation :/

On piano sounds i didn't heard any problem for now but i will carefully test that..
JeffersonX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttino

The only way to solve this problem is change your Krome Mainboard or the internal Micro-SD card. This card contains the samples.
rivanho

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffersonX wrote:
ttino

The only way to solve this problem is change your Krome Mainboard or the internal Micro-SD card. This card contains the samples.

Is this a solution Korg offers under warranty, and is it it permanent solution or will the problem occur again after 6 months as i read from several Krome users above ?
JeffersonX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rivanho wrote:
JeffersonX wrote:
ttino

Is this a solution Korg offers under warranty, and is it it permanent solution or will the problem occur again after 6 months as i read from several Krome users above ?

In my case I didn't have luck... Confused Mine had this problem twice. In the first time they changed mainboard. The second only internal-Micro SD card with samples and firmware.
rivanho

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffersonX wrote:
In my case I didn't have luck... Confused Mine had this problem twice. In the first time they changed mainboard. The second only internal-Micro SD card with samples and firmware.
And now the second time it's OK ?
hartlas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too had strange clipping sounds when playing a piano patch, especially when using the sustain pedal - went back to Korg twice, first time it came back with 'no fault found', I asked the dealer to send it back again and they decided it had a 'corrupt piano sample' and replaced the main board.

works fine now!

if you have an issue send it back to korg via the dealer you bought it from.
JeffersonX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rivanho

At this moment everything is OK.

hartlas

The second time I went to technical assistance, they said "your Krome is OK". But I insisted and contacted KORG Brazil. After it they changed the Micro SD containing samples and Firmware.

I believe KORG has to organize a KORG Krome recall. For this I recommend everyone who has a KORG Krome to post on this topic on KORG Official Page on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/KORGusa/photos/a.10150617850336080.379163.66288391079/10152698745336080/?type=1

Tell problems you have or had with your KORG Krome. The common problems are Piano cutting\popping and Touchview failing (black screen).
rovito

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased mine. This has me a bit nervous and I'm thinking about sending it back.
rovito

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this problem something that could be fixed by the user?
CowboyNQ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be sending it back if it works.

I've had my 61 for (I think) 18 months now. I take it to rehearsal twice a week and I've probably played 15 gigs with it, in all kinds of quirky conditions, including one very dusty outdoor gig and one very cold semi-outdoor gig. Hasn't even looked like having a problem.

Last week the bass player in one of my bands dropped his bass (in its hard case) on it! No dramas. After I finished swearing at him, of course.

On the weekend at a gig I ran into a fellow keyboard player who has the 88 version. He is equally satisfied with his.

Clearly some of these keyboards have an issue, but that doesn't mean yours does.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: