Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KROME -SOUND PROBLEM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bradkorg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Thanks for the FIX!!! Reply with quote

Thanks for the fix!
So I just got 1 week this new old stock Krome RED, for the first moment testing with the 000: Krome Grand Piano with ARP and Drum Track together to "overload the engine".
I already hear the clicking/plopping/cut offs in the sound, That this product can pass the musical Quality Assurance is unacceptabe production.

So I immediately start googling and found this thread.
Bought a Kingston 8GB class 10 UHS and this morning fixed this crap using the hdd raw copy.(replaced the cuprit sanmax (fake) class10).

Now its fixed the booting is faster and the statics sounds gone as an instrument should sound clean.
Korg Krome's production manager should be fired for implementing a cheap ass microSD card in it!

Thanks for the FIX in this thread!!!
rivanho

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some pictures of my Krome during the fix :
http://users.belgacom.net/gc077777/index.htm
langept1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: SOUND PROBLEM Reply with quote

The MicroSD Card swap worked! A huuuuuge thank you for all of you who posted instructions on how to do it. I used a SanDisk 16 gig, class 10 card. I used the image on my original card, copied it, and wrote it to the new card using HDD raw copy tool. $10, problem solved!
rivanho

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad it also worked for you. Too bad the users must find out on their own what's wrong with the Korg products and no assistance at all from KORG Sad
But now I know this... the Krome will be the last modern Korg i bought. I put more trust in the old Korg gear in my studio.
rovito

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took mine to the repair shop as it's still under warranty. All Korg sent was a micro SD card he said there is a service bulletin about this issue so If you don't want to pull it apart yourself they are finally admitting there is a problem and are working it out. I also have him looking into the touch screen but I don't think that is a s much of an issue.
rivanho

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahaaaaaaa: "they are finally admitting there is a problem and are working it out" ??? It would be nice to see an official publication from Korg.
Until today I allways had the feeling they do'nt care any more once it's sold.
rovito

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They also sent a new board for the screen issue. My screen was fine but I mentioned it to my service guy and he called them right up and there was a service bulletin for that as well.
mplata

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: issue sound with pedal Reply with quote

I have unproperly work of krome with pedal. I turn on pedal and pushing keys one after another (legato with pedal) and often next key goes off, but I pushed it a second ago... (((
rivanho

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: issue sound with pedal Reply with quote

mplata wrote:
I have unproperly work of krome with pedal. I turn on pedal and pushing keys one after another (legato with pedal) and often next key goes off, but I pushed it a second ago... (((

Sounds like a bad internal SD card, it's too slow to load the big piano samples when pushing the pedal.
mplata

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: issue sound with pedal Reply with quote

rivanho wrote:
mplata wrote:

Sounds like a bad internal SD card, it's too slow to load the big piano samples when pushing the pedal.

Agreed, and how to fix it?
rivanho

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: issue sound with pedal Reply with quote

mplata wrote:
If you read the posts above the fix is discribed. If your Krome is under warranty then go to the dealer, they should fix it. If the warranty is over then you can fix it yourself by exchanging the internal SD card for a good quality class 10 card and put the image on it. Everything was well explained before Wink I even did put a link to pictures.
mplata

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: issue sound with pedal Reply with quote

rivanho wrote:
mplata wrote:
If you read the posts above the fix is discribed. If your Krome is under warranty then go to the dealer, they should fix it. If the warranty is over then you can fix it yourself by exchanging the internal SD card for a good quality class 10 card and put the image on it. Everything was well explained before Wink I even did put a link to pictures.

Oh! Thanks! You are my best friend )))
Warranty is over , and I was in collecting money state while this forum opeed my eyes )
Thanks! Tommorow I'l fix it... Glad to know that this is so simple!
orthogonal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I tried this fix and it worked well to get rid of the popping and cutting off with the damper pedal down, but an hour later I noticed that when I play a sequence of big chords on different notes I get this static fuzz sound:

https://youtu.be/Scowm5ZwesI

Anyone encounter this or know of a solution? At my wit's end and will return if there is no fix.
orthogonal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note, I've also tried it with a different set of monitors and with various different piano sounds and got the same static problem.
rivanho

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orthogonal wrote:
Note, I've also tried it with a different set of monitors and with various different piano sounds and got the same static problem.
I also had this kind of static distortion together with popping and cut-off piano sounds until I replaced the SD card with a good brand class 10 (Sandisk).
-->> A lot of cheep brands SD cards are not up to the "class 10" speed they promise Sad

If you only have it on piano sounds it means the card you use cannot cope fast enough with the very big piano samples in the Krome.
If you also have it on other sounds (with smaller samples) then it can be some other problem. I only had it on piano sounds and when pressing the sustain pedal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15

Jump to: