Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KROME -SOUND PROBLEM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ntjunior

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that the first sd card I replaced was fried while using it on Krome. Weird!
stale

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was informed my link is no longer working. Here is the link to the internal SD Card.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4lll0iq6fo84gw4/Image.imgc?dl=0
denjmusic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have to say: BIG thanks to Stale, Rhall, and everyone else who made this fix possible. I just did it and it now sounds AMAZING!

I was on the fence about doing it for quite a while now, because I was worried I'd mess something up. However, it's really, really easy. Just unscrew the back, pop out the card, pop in the new one, and you're done. It's really that simple. If you're thinking about doing it, like I was: GO FOR IT (just be careful hehe).
Ricky_jcr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, I'm feeling really screwed here. My Krome had the same old clicks and pops with the piano and now it's shut down altogether. (System Error 216, Line 0132). Could someone please post a working link for the Krome image file (RAR)?
stale

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try and put it back in dropbox tonight. I ran out of space and had to take it out.
JODY

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all
I could use the image as well, I have a 88 thats giving me the piano issue as well

thanks, this thread helped me figure out why it was going south !
stale

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is link to the image.

https://db.tt/IfZfVL96zq
Szymon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have replaced second time a micro SD card. First was Hama class 10 (45MB/s read speed). I had still piano problems with this card. Few days ago my Krome was unable to boot correctly (error 216), so I decided to buy a new SD card (this time it was SanDisk 16GB SDHC-I 80MB/s fast. Now everything works fine. I hope it was the last disassembling of my Korg (35 screws brrrr).
KromeDome

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried every "solution" I can find posted on this site and others for Error 216, but have not been successful. I use the Krome 61 as the controller for all my personal recording in my recording studio...I'm totally screwed until I can get this thing fixed. Of course it just fell out of warranty so I have to find some way to fix this sucker!

I would be willing to pay someone to load a micro SD card and send it to me. I live in Portland, Oregon, USA. Is anyone able to help. I can use PayPal.

NEVERMIND...SUCCESS!!!
Tim at Synapse Audio in Portland Oregon helped me get this fixed. Good luck to anyone else with this problem!
blusoulfish23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could this be what's wrong with my damper pedal? Worked fine Friday and Saturday nothing. I don't think I changed any settings. Also I have a major difference in volumes using organ synth vs piano synth.

mpaul wrote:
Hi,
You can edit piano sound with on board knobs at desired level and use damper/ sustain pedal and also use good quality dpeakers or headphones.
openroad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a used Krome that was new to original owner last August and it has 'the' problem.

Is there a way to use a Mac with an SD card slot? I have a Hack with a PC side, but no SD slot - trying to avoid getting an adapter.

Anyway, both of the last posted links to the needed image are expired.

Also, I bought an ADATA microSDHC UHS-1 CLass 10 16GB, 'up to 50mb' card.
Should I return it for a Sandisk 'up to 80mb' before I get started?

Thank you in advance for current instructions.
Much appreciation.
Simplythebest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

openroad wrote:
Bought a used Krome that was new to original owner last August and it has 'the' problem.

Is there a way to use a Mac with an SD card slot? I have a Hack with a PC side, but no SD slot - trying to avoid getting an adapter.

Yeah, I also bought a Golden nearly new krome 61 from California and got Very upset because of that sound problem. But Sandisk 80 mb/s solved the issue. Still, i didn’t notice any boot up speed improvement. Maybe for the purpose of speeding up the boot i’d use Sandisk Extreme or similar.

I searched the net to find the solution on a Mac, but then because of lack of time borrowed my daughters PC and finished that pretty fast with no problems. The problem dissapeared. Very Happy
sonickeys71

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject: Krome Img file Reply with quote

Hello. Can someone please post a new link for the Img file download to SD card? So far none of the links on these forums are working.
seanyd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, same piano problem, sd card fix applied, popping and sustain problem fixed, however one note, G4 (i think, the one under the Touchview logo) has a load of white noise when used with the sustain pedal. Switched all effects off and it is consistently there just this one key, however makes the entire piano unusable. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance
bradkorg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you do a factory Reset? Do that first.

Was that white noise also there before the fix? and the noise only happen when damper/sustain pedal is pressed on, its gone when damper is released/off? And the noise is within the piano sound or any instru. sounds??

Check your Damper pedal settings in the manual >USA_KROME_ParamG_E.pdf>page 14> just play around with the settings disable/enabled half damper, hold, splitzones etc. if any influence on the noise.
>page 109 > damper pedal settings etc.
>search word "damper"for any settings/polarity etc.

If afterall the noise only happened when damper is depressed and with any instrument sounds on only 1 key G4; then something hardware/electronics is defect inside: could be dirty contacts on the key, defect/loose/dirty solder/bad traces to/on the controller chip etc.
Try pressing the "noisy" key many dozen times if this can get rid of any dirt etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: