Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I have ESX, should I get EMX?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
salmon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: I have ESX, should I get EMX? Reply with quote

Hi, I have ESX, my only concern is the lack of "instant synthesis" (having to sample waveforms) and 2 synth parts. I have a chance to get EMX. In your opinion, should I get it or you think I will be fine with connecting external synth to ESX, Volca keys or Bass for example for extra synth part. Workflow, synchronization etc. Thanks.
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi- I would say-yes, get one- then download the UK Bass pack from Korg's website. And maybe later get them a Kaoss Pad each. Dont get the Volca's - becaue they are a let down. External synths (for me) can be a pain- space/programming/cc's/midi etc. It depends what sounds you want-but for an instant, easy set-up, compact, affordable, rewarding set up for most Techno type tracks (with the possible exceptions of Trance & Dubstep). The EMX & ESX together would be hard to beat.
salmon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have Volcas. I got them before ESX, they are fun. I have a chance to get mint SD EMX for 300... But I am hesitant.
Telengard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would if you can afford it. I love mine and the more you mess with an EMX, the more you realize what can be done and as mentioned above quite quickly. The thing that opened the EMX up for me was that there is a huge amount of variety in a small amount of knob movements.
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would get one as well. Very fun unit capable of some cool surprises.
salmon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely get it, then route the EMX into the ESX...that way you can set it up so all your synth parts are gated, filtered, etc. uniformly. Connect them thru MIDI and you'll be shooting sonic lightning bolts in no time.
salmon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it Smile
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, you'll enjoy it! Very Happy
neotechtonics
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats on the purchase.

Mess around with the factory patterns for a while and then start working on your own stuff. If you're looking for further inspiration or ideas be sure to check out the EMX pattern sharing group on facebook. EMX Pattern Hub.

Its a deceptively simple groovebox but can go really deep if you put the time and dedication in.

I'm busy polishing off a pattern pack of some of my finest patterns to upload on the FB group. (some examples are on my soundcloud)

KORG GEAR: EMX1-SM -- EMX1-SD -- KAOSS PAD3 -- MICROKORG -- KAOSSILATOR PRO -- NANOKONTROL1
OTHER GEAR: Roland SP404, MC303 -- Akai MPC-2500 SE -- Zoom R16 -- effects pedals -- DJ-gear -- Access Virus B
Telengard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neotechtonics wrote:
I'm busy polishing off a pattern pack of some of my finest patterns to upload on the FB group. (some examples are on my soundcloud)

Is there anywhere else we can post these as I don't have nor do I want a FB account. And I am sure I am not the only one. FB is so last decade! Wink Just kidding! I just am not a fan and will just have to suffer if you only want to use FB. I think there was another member on this site or a member of the Electribe forum who put up a site to make it easier to share and to not force someone to be a FB member.

Anyway, if it is too much bother, don't stress.
neotechtonics
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Telengard: I'll also try make my pattern pack available through electribe-forum and here if possible. I'll try setup some kind of file-sharing for it and link to it. I'll also try get it onto that electribrary site.

KORG GEAR: EMX1-SM -- EMX1-SD -- KAOSS PAD3 -- MICROKORG -- KAOSSILATOR PRO -- NANOKONTROL1
OTHER GEAR: Roland SP404, MC303 -- Akai MPC-2500 SE -- Zoom R16 -- effects pedals -- DJ-gear -- Access Virus B
Telengard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neotechtonics wrote:
@Telengard: I'll also try make my pattern pack available through electribe-forum and here if possible. I'll try setup some kind of file-sharing for it and link to it. I'll also try get it onto that electribrary site.

Awesome!!! Very Happy
Blue Monster 65

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neotechtonics wrote:

Very cool of you! I'll second the thanks for this - I always enjoy going through other people's patterns and seeing what tricks I can pick up from there.
Headphones

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the opposite problem. I've got a EMX, and a ER-1 mk2, but I really could use a EA-1 mk2, ES-1 mk2, and a ESX. But I have too many bills in the way to track them down on eBay or from any local pawn shop. (I haven't really been scoping to find them, but I can't really get new stuff until my old stuff is out of the pawn store)

I wouldn't mind some Volcas, but they can wait as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: