Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bypassing or turning off the LFO?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
patonico

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject: bypassing or turning off the LFO? Reply with quote

Hey guys, I have a small dilemma in my hands. I've been creating percussive sounds with my KingKorg but when I'm triggering them, the LFO, no matter how slow I set it, makes the sound slightly different on every hit.
Does anyone know a way to bypass or turn it off?.

Thanks in advance

Nick
djcactus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the depth set to the neutral position? I havnt had issues after that. There might even be an option to turn it off in the waveform options in the menu but i've never tried that
Lando2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the depht is set to zero, as djactus wrote, it cant be the lfo.

Why are you sure that its an effect made by the lfo?

What about velocity?
Or maybe its the "analog detune". the analog tune parameter is set to five in the Init-Presets. Try to change it to zero.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible the LFOs are still working through the (invisible) modulation matrix. Find the six modulation patch points in the menu and check that the LFOs aren't affecting anything there. As you found out, you can't "stop" an LFO by reducing speed, it always has a minimum running speed (although I actually like the idea of being able to "pause" it like that). It's the depth you need to set.
Lando2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point sanderXpander!
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually one of my main "dislikes" about the KK Wink
Having a modulation matrix is great and provides very powerful possibilities but by necessity it's hidden inside a menu and having to get to it through the small screen using a bunch of page up/down buttons is really awful for an "analog style" synth. Having an iPad or PC based editor connected really helps.
Lando2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure it would be better to have knobs for the matrix, but i like the way to navigate through the menu and im quiet fast.

Press the pianobutton (i think the pianobutto, im not at my kk at the moment) and you are in virtual patch 1. Press it again and you are in VP2 etc.

When you know the "shortcuts" the parameter you wish to set is only a few buttonclicks away. IMHO it is one of the best menus in synths. I hate synths with menus and undermenus like labyrinths. But just the simple straightforward menu is too slow, when there arent shortcuts.
djcactus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid question: Do you have any effects on?
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lando2 wrote:
Sure it would be better to have knobs for the matrix, but i like the way to navigate through the menu and im quiet fast.

Press the pianobutton (i think the pianobutto, im not at my kk at the moment) and you are in virtual patch 1. Press it again and you are in VP2 etc.

When you know the "shortcuts" the parameter you wish to set is only a few buttonclicks away. IMHO it is one of the best menus in synths. I hate synths with menus and undermenus like labyrinths. But just the simple straightforward menu is too slow, when there arent shortcuts.

Once you learn a synth inside and out, almost anything is workable Wink
It would help if they had written the shortcuts above or below the buttons.
djcactus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
Lando2 wrote:

Once you learn a synth inside and out, almost anything is workable Wink
It would help if they had written the shortcuts above or below the buttons.

Right? The synth is really user friendly but the operation would have been so much quicker. The instrument groups have some redundant names, like pianos could have been under keys and leads under synths, could have been a "pads" section, you know, minor qualms. Point being the synth categories alone does leave a little more to be desired.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: