Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any chance of a Microstation II?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JnC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Any chance of a Microstation II? Reply with quote

While the MicroStation is still listed on the Korg website at the time of this post, it is listed as "discontinued" at major web retailers.

I'd like to see Korg retain this form factor but with some improvements from the Kross. And while some would suggest buying a Korg Kross, the absence of the joystick and quick edit knobs removes too much expression: it's too unKorg for my tastes.

I'd like to see an updated MicroStation with:
Korg Kross display
Updated wave ROM from the Kross but without so many huge piano waves
A data entry slider/knob
Battery power
And an iPad based patch/sequence editor - this could negate the need for a bigger display

How about it Korg?
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject: I think the Kross was the new microstation. Reply with quote

Haha I can still impress people with things the microstation can do for what I payed for it its for serious and fun music.

I've had lots of discussion with fellow synth and keyboard lovers about the tech and labeling of these keyboards capability and pricing.

Labels like Performance , Workstations and Samplers. Tech like VAS , EDS of all the engines available.

Korg has many engine to work with as one of its beast the Kronos(drool) has them all. In case of the microstation they actually took EDS and made adjustment for the microstation which is amazing and thats typical Korg.

There is kinda synth war going in the mid range of it I'm talking Krome , Moxf8 and FA-08 its like a battle people looking for great keybed great and quick way's to jott down musical ideas. Good piano and EP sounds the Krome has that fully uncompressed and that for half the price of a Kronos and light weight. Its hard to choose which one to take on the road and have as a studio feat.

The Kross I see as an improved microstation II why because the EDSi tech inside got an upgrade and you can carry it everywhere using battery's plus the graded weighted key's name it.

I've told my nephew and niece they can have my microstation as their first synth workstation to introduce them to this but only if I have my next workstation but which one that the question Smile
Synthesizerplayer

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I don't think so, as they are now making full sized key versions. The only micro keys are the MS and the MA. But you never know what the future holds.
Manus168

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the next generation from Korg MicroSTATION is the Korg MicroNOS with the sound form the Kornos legend, maybe ... Smile
phly23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manus168 wrote:
Maybe the next generation from Korg MicroSTATION is the Korg MicroNOS with the sound form the Kornos legend, maybe ... Smile

I would buy it in a second!
I love the micro station and it plays great- add to that the Kross engine and you've got a winner

Kronos
Triton
Triton Extreme
01/w
01/wR
Legacy
WaveDrum
Microstation
CX-3 Organ
Legacy w/ms20 controller
Micro Korg
Kaoss 2
kaosillator
Stargazer

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the ever make MKII, I would demand at least 8 insert effects, and perhaps even anything between 12-16.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: