Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP! no master output sound

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chthonic

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: HELP! no master output sound Reply with quote

my microsampler was shut off for a bit, and then when turned back on all the memory banks were wiped. i reloaded them from my computer, but for some reason i have no sound. everything is definitely in there and is triggering properly, but no output from the L/R outs OR headphones.

i've turned/left it off for awhile and tried it again, checked all connections.

i couldn't find anything online about this issue, i checked the manual for anything that might have accidentally been switched on or off.

i see nothing about reloading the firmware or doing any kind of factory reset (elsewhere on this forum someone says they don't think there is a factory reset).

i need this to work again ASAP. i have rehearsals and a big show next week.
chthonic

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:35 am    Post subject: a friend found a solution: GLOBAL > LOCAL : "ON" Reply with quote

i'll leave this here in case anyone else ever has the same issue.

we're guessing that leaving the microsampler power on while turning off/on the power strip may have caused a power spike.

whatever the cause, in addition to the memory being wiped. the GLOBAL > LOCAL setting got switched "OFF". apparently, the microsampler uses some sort of internal MIDI protocol to trigger samples even if you're not using it as a controller.

Global "LOCAL" setting should be set to ON. otherwise, nothing is actually playing when you trigger it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: