Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Taktile - Assigning chords to the pads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HEK

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject: Korg Taktile - Assigning chords to the pads Reply with quote

Managed to this by accident yesterday, but i really dont know how its done.

It was like i was in NOTE/CONTROL mode and then first pressed a pad and then were able to play the notes on the keyboard(up to 4) for the chord i wanted. It was great! And half the reason i bought this controller, but now i cant get it done.

Cant find any info about this in any manual and so on. Anybody knows?
HEK

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody owns a taktile controller?
HEK

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solved.
goony

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get my Korg Taktile tomorrow.. Hows you liking yours?
HEK

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy with it, its really versitile. Would like a reason preset though. And red and Green lights om the pads are not the nicest of colours in this case. Otherwise, looks and feels good!
goony

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it today. But havent set it up, Im using Ableton Live 9, so Im looking forward to getting hands on tomorrow
goony

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You tried any of the free software at all? Just wondering if they are worth the effort getting it all authorised... As Ableton Live Suite has lots instruments already....
goony

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my Taktile 49 today, initial impressions are good. nice keys, good drum pads, easy to work with Ableton, just gotta set it up for Plugins/Devices now.

One quick question I have thou is, do I have to set it up for each 3rd party plugin and Abletons devices. Do I have to save it, or does it automaticaly save these for next use?
Do I have to save the settings for each individual preset/patch?
HEK

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, no i dont use any of the software, got What i need already. Think you have to store your settings by saving them as a patch, if thats what you mean.

Tip: for deeper settings of the drumpads, push a drumpad then the settings button. There i can assign chords to the pads etc.
tmarbois

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Hi

I have a taktile 49... and have had trouble finding ANY info other than the sparse stuff they give at Korg sites... a few pages of manuals and parameter guide... and the control surface plug in - as well as the Control Editor...

but I have not found any further info...

Im using it with Logic - and I got the native controller mapping installed.. but that seems to kill the ability to send CC from the trackpad... which I really wanted to use as a control surface for synth parameters!

Anyone figure this out?

cheers

Tj

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: hi Reply with quote

tmarbois wrote:
Hi

I have a taktile 49... and have had trouble finding ANY info other than the sparse stuff they give at Korg sites... a few pages of manuals and parameter guide... and the control surface plug in - as well as the Control Editor...

but I have not found any further info...

Im using it with Logic - and I got the native controller mapping installed.. but that seems to kill the ability to send CC from the trackpad... which I really wanted to use as a control surface for synth parameters!

Anyone figure this out?

cheers

Tj

yes, press "control mode" and make sure that your trackpad is in "control" touch pad mode
filmstardust

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Taktile - Assigning chords to the pads Reply with quote

HEK wrote:
Managed to this by accident yesterday, but i really dont know how its done.

It was like i was in NOTE/CONTROL mode and then first pressed a pad and then were able to play the notes on the keyboard(up to 4) for the chord i wanted. It was great! And half the reason i bought this controller, but now i cant get it done.

Cant find any info about this in any manual and so on. Anybody knows?

Just got my Taktile last week, i'm pretty happy with it so far!

Don't understand what you meant by playing the chords in the keyboard, is this a function i'm missing?

I know that you can select a key, a variation chord, a scale and then you can play chords on the pads, but if i play a note on the keyboard that doesn't belong to the scale, Taktile play it anyway.
It would be great to have a feature as Native Instruments Kontrol S or Push, where notes that doesn't belong to the scale are not available automatically.

Either way, as i say, i'm very happy with Taktile!
sabin333

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hijack this old thread, but are any of you using the Taktile with Logic 9?

Is that working well for you?
mindshifter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: Taktile 49 Pads Not Working! Reply with quote

Hi,

I just purchased Taktile 49. Install driver and then update 2.00. But I can't use trigger pads with chord scale and note mode. What should I do? shoul I re install driver and update 2.00 ?
heraldo_jones

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little question about the chord function ... Can it be used when controlling virtual instruments or only with the built in sounds? Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: