Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About Expansion Boards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saqhan

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: About Expansion Boards Reply with quote

hi everyone. im new here. i want buy triton classic. triton is old but really good keyboard but i dont like piano sounds. i wonder how can i load new piano sounds in triton? do i buy a expansion boards or can i download new piano sounds korg website? can i download and use the EXB-PCM01, EXB-PCM02 etc. sounds without this boards?
lorien42

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For piano sounds you basically have three options:

1) tweak the existing programs to improve the sound from the ROM samples
2) install either the EXB-PCM 01, or EXB-PCM 08 expansion ROMS
3) utilize RAM sampled pianos, either sampled yourself or acquired from others

The downloads section of this website includes some PCG files that utilize samples, as well as a "reworked/remapped" version of the PCM08 programs to utilize ROM samples. I have the PCM01 board because I like its versatility of including more than just acoustic piano samples. And actually I have a Triton Extreme also that basically has the PCM08 board already in place, and I don't care for the piano sounds as much on it as I do from the PCM01. Pianos are so personal. What one person loves another despises. I wish you luck deciding what to do.

The best pianos will probably be those using RAM samples. As such you will want to get a Triton with SCSI fitted, as well as make certain that you have upgraded your sample RAM from the stock 16MB to the max of 64MB. Remember that if you go this route, your pianos will be better if well programmed, but you will have to reload your samples every time you boot the Triton because RAM is NOT persistent on these models. IF you don't want to fuss with loading samples all the time, then theEXB boards are a better option, even if the quality isn't quite as good.
Alesis: Fusion 8HD
Roland: FA-06B, Fantom-06
Behringer: DeepMind 12
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: