Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA600 V2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this set last weekend.

To be honest - the PA600 itself (also with this set) sounds much worse than my 8 years old PA1X with my Golden Entertainer Expansion board.

Espacially the drums and bass sounds are not on my taste.

You hear a lot of low and high frequenz and in the middle there is a deep hole and nothing to hear.

For me the mixing in main is not really optimized.

I know that this is very subjective answer but i try to record some *.mp3 to give you some impressions what i mean.

I´ll come back to you with the audio-files to explain it better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
MamieNova

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You hear a lot of low and high frequenz and in the middle there is a deep hole and nothing to hear.

For me the mixing in main is not really optimized.

I suggest you not to load the GLOBAL part of the file, so that equalizer and many general settings will not be modified on your PA by the Set. Maybe it will best suit your ears.
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I´ll try at weekend with different EQ settings and will report here.

For this SET - is there a EQ setting you all will advise?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
maestro1982

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this bkp , (not set file) don't use any modofied equalizer.
I think it's improponibile to compare pa600 to old tecnology of pa1x, suonds in pa600 are much more articulate (DNC tecnology and RX , up to 24 osc ecc..) then pa1x and pa2x so...
Also the wavetable in pa600 , if i remember is aboout 3 times bigger respect pa1x.
May be AD converter have a major quality on pa1x..
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let Wittid provide some recordings from his PA1X expanded by the Golder entertainer before you decide the newer Pa600 or 900 sounds better. I too have the PA1X expanded with the Golder enterainer Expansion card and I agree with Wittid . The older keyboard sounds better.
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wittid:

As you said, your opinion is subjetive.-
I agree with maestro: any comparision between differente technologies have's no sense.-
Many technical reasons justifies different sound on both models.-
I think PA600 provides a big flexibility never seen on arrangers till now.-
For example, you can create your own sound with less effort, with similar posibilities as on big ships like M3, Triton, etc.-
I suggest you to give a chance to PA600, expending time till you reach your sound, without compare it with other keyboards.-
I've several keyboards, sound module, many old technologies, and i preserve them because each one give's me the sound i want.-
One of my favorite acoustic piano sound, becomes from a 90's Roland Arranger module, RA90.- My best german piano sound becomes from Korg M3M as a versatile Lead sound.- On the other side Pa 600 give very expresive strings, woodwinds and a big mixable effects processor equivalent as M3M.-
On keyboards or sound module with the hability to variate osc, the secret resides on tweaking and expending hours and hours.-
Sinthesizing: preserv your PA1x, and take your time to discover PA600 capabilities.-
Maestro BKP shows you what is possible to make with PA600, his great job opens a new university.-
With regards. Eduardo
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DNC or not, that´s not my question and i don´t want to critize the work which have been done here.

my statement is more or less that the korg sounds are not state of the art and not real high quality.

that´s the root cause people have to develop new sets and new sounds...

my questions was - which EQ-settings shall i try to reach the best results with the PA600?

tx and all of you enjoy playing music
Detlef
maestro1982

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you must use a good headphone....
The speaker on board in pa600 are very poor...
Let the equalizer to FLAT parameters
Dolenjcek

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wittid wrote:
...and in the middle there is a deep hole and nothing to hear...

Yep, this it first synth I have to gain high mid frequencies on mixer board to get useful all in all sound.

Original drums are indeed low quality.
I'd recommend you drum sets from Dynamic Audio. They sound clean, punchy. I do not use original drum sets at all.
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used my PA which is very good.

Look there:
2 of http://pl-audio.de/index.php/lautsprechersysteme/saeulen/ts-41
2 of http://pl-audio.de/index.php/lautsprechersysteme/subwoofer/b-15-sub

Excellent quality of PA - best i ever had and have.

cuall
Detlef
maestro1982

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post this Dynamic Audio Drums?
Dolenjcek

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search google for dynamix audio.
I've posted link, but I guess my post was deleted.
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wittid:

Certainly, your PA is excellent, powerfull and much more on low & mid-low frecuences.-
I've read it's specifications and it have's a good flat response; perhaps you must check high and mid range frecuences on your mixer, a little up specially for drums.-
I user a presonus mixer and, at home, a L1 Bose Model II Pa System (2 units) with 2 active bass Bose; Bose units are set flat, and normally i must for PA600 decrease high frecuency level and mid frecuencies on the mixer; with Korg M3M i must set a really flat set no coloured sound; with Roland sound modules i must increase high frecuencies and decrease low frecuencies, because low frecuencies have's too much db.- All to get the sount i want.- As presonus let's you memorize different sets, i've one for each keyboard or module for home, and others for live situations.-
With my band, i must put low frecuences allways down because we use double 18 subs a high class compressors that increases strongly bass frecuency.
Everything comes to test which is the correct equalization on each situation.-
I insist, give a chance to PA600.-
With regards.
Eduardo
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tnx maestro1982 for great set !!

but I think Dolenjcek try to make point.
Dolenjcek wrote:
Hi!

Can you post also a .SET file?

and with all regard wittid is a little bit wrong.Cool

wittid wrote:
Doesn´t make sense because a SET File doesn´t caontain all a BKP does.

Dolenjcek ask for also not instead. Smile

I think a set file make sense because the difference in factory bank space between pa600 and pa900.
for example: 600 has 24 banks for Sax when 900 has 36 . Cool
600 in 121.006.066 has Tenor Sax Noise 2 and is in same place in 900, but now under this source is Soft Solo Tenor which is cool sound, but all has different taste.
As me, I kinda like Tenor Sax Noise 2 and like to keep both.
Many of us creating own styles base on sounds they already have, and now we have to check what change, some is better and some sound weird.
I'm not mention if somebody buy a style base on default sounds. Rolling Eyes
I know the way to get back my sounds, but was be easily with set file.
I'm sure maestro1982 did change this sound for a reason, maybe is supporting new styles there, but from other hand style don't read the name of sound, read address means if any pa900 style has Tenor Sax Noise 2 is under same address as pa600 or if is using sound like Real Sax Ens. RX (121.015.065) is not supporting by Pa600.
If this was be a set with User01.PCG we can choose which sound we like to overwrite or store in empty users banks.
PA600 has 2 times 128 available places for sound.
Please don't get me wrong, I do very appreciated for all to try improve ours instruments, and thx again for this set, but this is my opinion.
Other solution was be provide some documentation, so people before do changing can copy and paste sounds the like to keep in user bank, then save it and later keep it both or replace with one they don't need .

Maybe if I find some extra time I will try to make all happy and resolve this somehow making whatever is extra as user01 set file with pdf info. Very Happy
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
maestro1982

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally all the sounds was in user 1.
The problem was this, to many sounds cannot be selected in a quick mode.
I'v tried to put they in GM order , but often for selecting for examle Some Clarinet ecc in must go to page 10 ecc..too long passage and often i cannot remember where was the sound i wanted.
Now i Know that they are in WoodWind Bank.
I found a lot of poor sound in Factory/Lecagy/GM and i'v replace them but keeping the compatibility , for exampre a poor tenor sax replaced by a better sax ecc, (sounding globalally is better but the same)
I love this expecially becouse styles don't need adjustements and sounds better
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: