Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you want PCG Tools for your synth?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auquicu

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg Electribe EMX.
zornes

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EMX or ESX!!

THX
400nvd

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa3X Please.
Noël
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All replies have been added as votes ... thanks!

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Pollorey

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N1

Phil
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pollorey wrote:
N1

Vote added!

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
_INTER_

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I noticed that for the Electribe (at least some), the features might be a bit limited. Some Electribes have names patterns, those I can list, but for Electribes without names it can mainly copy/paste between files and change ordering while patterns will be named from e.g. 0 to 100.

To clearify a little: There are two Electribes, the ESX and the EMX. The ESX is a sampler, the EMX a synthesizer (kinda).

The format you save something is as follows: Sequences (= beat positions), FX, motions, parameter values (knobs), modulation, OSC settings (for EMX), samples (for ESX) and track meta data like speed, etc are saved as "Pattern".

Patterns have a name and a position. There are 256 positions: A.01-A.64, B.01-B.64, C.01-C.64, D.01-D.64. You can rename a pattern as you wish, you can be lazy and give it noname. But thats up to the user.

Those 256 patterns at 256 positions can be backupped in a file .EMX / .ESX. There is also song mode, which is just a chain of patterns, but not so important.

For now its really a hassle to rearrange patterns or you need to load 1 single pattern from another .EMX / .ESX file.

So if you could manage to simplyfy this reorder process and help rename patterns with your tool that would be veeery helpful already!

I can try and get a sysex dump from the EMX.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_INTER_ wrote:
Quote:
I noticed that for the Electribe (at least some), the features might be a bit limited. Some Electribes have names patterns, those I can list, but for Electribes without names it can mainly copy/paste between files and change ordering while patterns will be named from e.g. 0 to 100.

To clearify a little: There are two Electribes, the ESX and the EMX. The ESX is a sampler, the EMX a synthesizer (kinda).

The format you save something is as follows: Sequences (= beat positions), FX, motions, parameter values (knobs), modulation, OSC settings (for EMX), samples (for ESX) and track meta data like speed, etc are saved as "Pattern".

Patterns have a name and a position. There are 256 positions: A.01-A.64, B.01-B.64, C.01-C.64, D.01-D.64. You can rename a pattern as you wish, you can be lazy and give it noname. But thats up to the user.

Those 256 patterns at 256 positions can be backupped in a file .EMX / .ESX. There is also song mode, which is just a chain of patterns, but not so important.

For now its really a hassle to rearrange patterns or you need to load 1 single pattern from another .EMX / .ESX file.

So if you could manage to simplyfy this reorder process and help rename patterns with your tool that would be veeery helpful already!

I can try and get a sysex dump from the EMX.

That information sounds very helpful. Since PCG Tools only can handle programs and combis, it looks I should treat the patterns as programs (hope people don't mind about the name). Then I will make four program banks (A-D) with 64 programs (patterns) each. The ID will be as you write. If there is a name, the name will be shown, otherwise it will be empty (or for those electribes that don't support names).

Then with PCG Tools you can rearrange them, copy, paste, compact, clear them and also copy them from one file to another... so it seems PCG Tools might be useful for Electribes after all.

For the next month I probably will be busy with the manual because it is out of date, after that depending on the voting I can start on it (assuming the Electribes is still ahead).

Before I begin it would be nice to have some sysex files.
Also I would be interested where to load some .EMX/.ESX file to see the content.

Gistovitz

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electribe EMX!!

Thanks, you should definitely put up a donation link when complete.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gistovitz wrote:
Electribe EMX!!

Thanks, you should definitely put up a donation link when complete.

Vote added and there is already a donation button (but since PCG Tools does not support the Electribe yet), it's not so useful to use PCG Tools already.

panrixx

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorkl wrote:
Korg EMX - 1
PLSSSS!!!!
THX

Plus 1 from me, thanks.
kuifje

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: wavestation Reply with quote

Wavestation +1 !! Smile Great initiative!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ... all above votes have been added.

Vim

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X3 and wavestation EX please
ex Marshall Islands
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vim wrote:
X3 and wavestation EX please

Both added.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: