Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you want PCG Tools for your synth?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vint4ge

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg Electribe EMX +1 Cool

Thanks!

Keep on playing!
cremacaffedesign.com
phatt

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi new here ; Hey please add a vote for the Pa50sd from me. Smile
Really hard to follow this unit and the way everything is integrated seems rather illogical so some kind of software editor would be very very welcomed.
Thanks, Phil.
_INTER_

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That information sounds very helpful. Since PCG Tools only can handle programs and combis, it looks I should treat the patterns as programs (hope people don't mind about the name). Then I will make four program banks (A-D) with 64 programs (patterns) each. [...]

I've answered in the Electribe thread http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=594139#594139 to keep this one clean from now on. I've put some links and sysex files.
antitolg

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for King Korg. Now only 98 votes to go Very Happy

Although your software covers a broader spectrum it's funny that R3 with an official editor got more votes.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phatt wrote:
Really hard to follow this unit and the way everything is integrated seems rather illogical so some kind of software editor would be very very welcomed.
Thanks, Phil.

PCG Tools is not really an editor, but it can help in some ways (to offline manage all the patterns/programs).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

antitolg wrote:
+1 for King Korg. Now only 98 votes to go Very Happy

Although your software covers a broader spectrum it's funny that R3 with an official editor got more votes.

I also don't know ... however PCG Tools is not an editor, but more a librarian (don't know how good the R3 works as librarian).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_INTER_ wrote:
Quote:
That information sounds very helpful. Since PCG Tools only can handle programs and combis, it looks I should treat the patterns as programs (hope people don't mind about the name). Then I will make four program banks (A-D) with 64 programs (patterns) each. [...]

I've answered in the Electribe thread http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=594139#594139 to keep this one clean from now on. I've put some links and sysex files.

Thanks ... I also reacted on the other message ... the information is much welcome and help me a lot when starting on the electribe.

phatt

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
phatt wrote:
Thanks, Phil.

PCG Tools is not really an editor, but it can help in some ways (to offline manage all the patterns/programs).

Arrh I see, thanks for the clarification. Still that sounds like it might help quite a lot.

As I use this live I don't really need the Styles much it's just the F1,2,3,4 buttons can be quite confusing live because they are locked/linked to styles. Yes you can to some degree unlink styles but each time you switch to another performance (Style change on or off) the F1~4 (STS) presets are fixed to last style selected.
(I think I worded that right? lol)

I'm waiting for a remote midi controller keyboard which will hopefully give me access to the other midi channels in the Pa50. I know this works as I've already been doing it via my old JV-1k.
I will then be able to access prog changes on the fly (on a seperate midi ch) and leave the the Pa set on one performance setting for backing.
I still use the auto Acc at home for learning stuff so the manager will be of great help. Smile
I'll likely post some results in a seperate thread when I get it all sorted out,, might help others.
Phil.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phatt wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
phatt wrote:
Thanks, Phil.

Arrh I see, thanks for the clarification. Still that sounds like it might help quite a lot.

As I use this live I don't really need the Styles much it's just the F1,2,3,4 buttons can be quite confusing live because they are locked/linked to styles. Yes you can to some degree unlink styles but each time you switch to another performance (Style change on or off) the F1~4 (STS) presets are fixed to last style selected.
(I think I worded that right? lol)

I'm waiting for a remote midi controller keyboard which will hopefully give me access to the other midi channels in the Pa50. I know this works as I've already been doing it via my old JV-1k.
I will then be able to access prog changes on the fly (on a seperate midi ch) and leave the the Pa set on one performance setting for backing.
I still use the auto Acc at home for learning stuff so the manager will be of great help. Smile
I'll likely post some results in a seperate thread when I get it all sorted out,, might help others.
Phil.

I'm afraid I made a mistake; the PA does not have patterns afaik, patterns are only for Electribe.

But eventually (if I get some documentation from Korg) about PA PCG files I can manage the programs (and combis in case the PA uses that).

phatt

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that.
Not to worry I'll keep on trying to find my way through the maze,
Frankly I don't know how folks keep up with all the hidden secrets of midi keyboards. Rolling Eyes
Phil.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phatt wrote:
Thanks for that.
Not to worry I'll keep on trying to find my way through the maze,
Frankly I don't know how folks keep up with all the hidden secrets of midi keyboards. Rolling Eyes
Phil.

I guess it's a matter of diving in, trying, reading the manual (which are very good from Korg), and in case you have a problem left, you always can ask here.

jmchiro

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCG Tools for King Korg would be very much appreciated!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmchiro wrote:
PCG Tools for King Korg would be very much appreciated!

Added

HCXCY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EMX please Smile
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HCXCY wrote:
EMX please Smile

Added

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: