Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with my MS-20

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stittches

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:43 am    Post subject: Problems with my MS-20 Reply with quote

Hey! so i bought a Korg MS-20 Mini a few months ago, and since then i have still not figured out how to record the audio in any way. I have tried using Ableton methods and Audacity, as well as a few other recording programs. i THINK the problem is i cant figure out how to actually get the audio output from the korg to a proper input on my laptop. This is my first synth, and i would hate to make it a waste, so can anybody help me?
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Get some ideas here:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=90227&highlight=

Success!
el_hombre

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What inputs does your laptop have? If it has a mic input, theoretically you should be able to run your synth into your laptop that way, otherwise you've gonna need some sort of audio interface which is the path I went down.
I went with an Maudio fast track ultra 8R but I also use that for recording drums, you probably don't need anything that overblown.
Something with one or two inputs should be fine for you.
Stittches

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

el_hombre wrote:
What inputs does your laptop have? If it has a mic input, theoretically you should be able to run your synth into your laptop that way, otherwise you've gonna need some sort of audio interface which is the path I went down.
I went with an Maudio fast track ultra 8R but I also use that for recording drums, you probably don't need anything that overblown.

Well, my laptop has a headphone/mic jack, its a shared kinda thing. I have tried "adding a device" but the korg is not detected, and isnt recorded. If i do have to get an audio interface, what may be a good one?
el_hombre

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you able to get a signal from any other instrument through your input?
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stittches wrote:
el_hombre wrote:

Well, my laptop has a headphone/mic jack, its a shared kinda thing. I have tried "adding a device" but the korg is not detected, and isnt recorded. If i do have to get an audio interface, what may be a good one?

You're not going to get there very well that way. The laptop won't detect a device unless there's one plugged into a port & the jack socket isn't really the same as a usb or like.
Ideally you need an external soundcard. Get one, install that & bingo.
If you don't want to buy a soundcard then it might be a simple case of a setting in your recording software. Audacity for example, you have to select the sound source in the program from the menu bar above the main window. Recording quality will not be very good with that method though & i recommend an external soundcard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: