Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uneven height in keys

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LMG

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Uneven height in keys Reply with quote

Hi folks.

The other day I was playing my KROSS 61, and felt with my fingers while playing, that the key height of the 2nd lower D key is slightly lower than the rest of the keys (I am talking about the height of the white plastic keys; not the sound pitch).

Later, looking closely to the rest of the keys, I've noticed it happens to every D note in the keybed (looks like the the keybed is put in blocks of 7 keys each when constructed)

I've taken a picture where you can see the height difference. Could you please check your KROSS and let me know if you have something similar? Should I worry? (it may affect playing). The keyboard is still in warranty.

Maybe I am too obsessed, but wanted to know if you have also the same uneven keybed or it is just mine.

http://imageshack.com/a/img834/2939/qt5d.jpg

Thank you guys for your help!
Shutoku

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is the same, and on all D keys so I suspect it is manufactured that way and not something to be concerned about. That said, I like the Kross a lot but the keybed is not very good. At least the 61.

Once I get a midi merger my Kross will become more of a sound module I play from my digital piano and m1, and I will only use the Kross keyboard if I need the odd extra sound and I don't want to change combi's mid song.
lefttygtr

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is the same way but in the pic you have it makes it look much worse then it really is. In reality it is hardly noticeable and feel wise I don't feel anything.
tommymandel

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe his IS worse than the difference on ours...?....
LMG

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shutoku wrote:
Mine is the same, and on all D keys so I suspect it is manufactured that way and not something to be concerned about. That said, I like the Kross a lot but the keybed is not very good. At least the 61.

Once I get a midi merger my Kross will become more of a sound module I play from my digital piano and m1, and I will only use the Kross keyboard if I need the odd extra sound and I don't want to change combi's mid song.

How about yours? Is yours as low as mine? Or is it hardly noticeable as the other users mention? Have a look at yours (all D keys) from a point of view similar to my picture, and let me know. Thanks!
LMG

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lefttygtr wrote:
Mine is the same way but in the pic you have it makes it look much worse then it really is.

Did you take a look at yours from the same perspective of the picture I attached? Did you check all D notes?
Shutoku

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMG wrote:
Shutoku wrote:

How about yours? Is yours as low as mine? Or is it hardly noticeable as the other users mention? Have a look at yours (all D keys) from a point of view similar to my picture, and let me know. Thanks!

Mine is slightly less pronounced than your picture, but I guess the real question is if it is impacting your playing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: