Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Music generated Graphics - Software Sources

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phillipthorne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Music generated Graphics - Software Sources Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm looking for software that will achieve the same graphic interpreting of music such as the images produced on the Windows Media player.

I'd like to find a package that will allow me to chose and mix visual effects and then output the final audio/visual mix to a DVD or VCD etc.

Any pointers or advice will be much appreciated

Kind regards
Phillip
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

Well this problem doesn’t move to the music, but still…. WELL worth checking out.

Particle Illusion by Wonder Touch is the same program movie makers use for creating Special Effects for such movies as Sky Capitan, Hell Boy, Star Trek Voyager, Star Gate and so on….

It’s able to make the patterns far superior than anything you have seen in Windows Media Player. They can easily be tailored to look like they are following what the music is producing too since they follow a Time Line system.

Check it out….

www.wondertouch.com

Regards.
Sharp.
phillipthorne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the pointer to Particle Illusion. Their program looks quite comprehensive and tech support has told me that they plan to have a link to Adobe After Effects very shortly which will offer limited music to graphics interpretation.

While looking for other sources I found Vusic which seems geared to the more high energy end of the audio/visual spectrum especially for back projection in discos and raves etc

www.vusic.com

Nice effects and quite good control which the demo version shows very well. I hope this is of interest to anyone looking for something like this.

Meanwhile my search goes on and I'm still looking into SoundSpectrum who actually make some of the default plug-ins for the Windows Media 9 player. They have a standalone software product but it's only for the Mac as yet.

Kind regards
Phillip
paul_courville

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a topic I am very interested in...

There are many visualizer software options out there...
Milk Drops (comes with Winamp) www.winamp.com
ArKaos (just map and trigger) www.arkaos.net
Touch Player by Derivative (used by RUSH) www.derivativeinc.com
ZUMA by 3DMaxMedia (used by YES) www.3dmaxmedia.com
Motion Loops (high quality pre-made visual loops) www.motionloops.com
Magix Movie EditPro (for editing) www.magix.com
and here's a link to dozens more ... www.audiovisualizers.com

Here is a link to YouTube where I combine all of these programs for short trippy demo videos.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=CyberdudeProductions

I have aggressively been pursuing a career in Baja California as a Psy musician and visual artist for the past 3 years.

I have played at Baby Rock's, Balak's, Tangaloo's, Club Maya's, Iggy's and several house party's.
I have an audition at Papas&Beer soon.

If the audition goes well, the management of Papas&Beer is interested in offering me a contract for 2 shows a month (2hours/night) ($100/hr) and adspace on their killer website. See www.rosarito.papasandbeer.com .

Your prayers and/or good karma thoughts are welcome.

Paul Courville is a.k.a. Cyberdude
www.cyberdudeproductions.com (feedback welcome)
SEMPER PSY

Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will tell you you will not find better then avs for winamp... it comes with it. It is THE best response to music you will find... you can make your own from simple to ADVANCED mathematically designed visual masterpieces which go hand in hand with the music.

one thing about it, it has a source code out also and I'm working on converting it into a vst plugin and implementing midi controll and full integration into ableton live(well at least as much as a vst can)....

anyways this is a very long term project tho.

but mess with it it's awesome you can have it respond to line in of a sound card by adding linein:// to play list via add url to play list and you can make your own which are very wicked.
Borg

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just recently checked into this thread and I don't know if I should bring this one up again, but Ruso - that convertion project of yours seems very very interesting. How is it coming? Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Audio / Visual All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: