Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using the 6 Virtual Patches

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YorkshireLad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Using the 6 Virtual Patches Reply with quote

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything but does anyone know how to select and cycle through the virtual patches?

Perhaps there is a short cut I'm overlooking?

Many thanks!

-Fordy

Gear: Nord Wave, Korg Radias, Novation Supernova II, Roland V-Synth GT, Moog Voyager Select, Nord Lead A1, Arturia Spark LE, Arturia Spark LE, Behringer Virtualizer 3d (x2), Lexicon MX400.
djcactus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you hit page up or down on any given program the menu will pop up, hit piano, presto those are pages 63-80.

Also if you hit shift and program(global) this will open the global(obviously) menu, and if you hit brass it will bring you to the CC#Map page, also handy if you use any other gear, really easy to get working with other equipment, as I just pointed out in another thread.
YorkshireLad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DJ

Thanks for the explanation Smile

I have come to the conclusion that you don't actually cycle through them individually but that you use them all together to affect the sound.

I had initially thought that you could set them all up and then cycle through them one at a time while playing using each patch individually.

-Fordy

Gear: Nord Wave, Korg Radias, Novation Supernova II, Roland V-Synth GT, Moog Voyager Select, Nord Lead A1, Arturia Spark LE, Arturia Spark LE, Behringer Virtualizer 3d (x2), Lexicon MX400.
djcactus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it depends on the patch, but yes, ultimately it should all effect the sound, but not necessarily at the same time.

I like using my KK with my keystation pro 88, so i have a lot of the "under the hood" stuff already mapped out. I like to use the faders to control various simple oscillators with my organs to make it sound a little more realistic, but thats a matter of setting up your CC's the way you like them.

Ive had better luck with patches not having to use the midi-in patch option because it will already receives midi in.

But look thru the various patch sources and destinations, some of the options seem less useful then others but just mess around with it.

Cant really go on, got work in a few hours, tired now, just haven't been able to rest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: