Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WavesArt Symphonic Strings Suite
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkhbrit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I have considered additional libraries, the cost is definitely prohibitive. If there are gaps you need to fill you're better off buying a separate sound module. I'm sure you can get a Motif rack for about the same as a couple of libraries.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This video might give you another perspective of dynamics and consistency of Strings Suite ensembles
in a complex COMBI called "Symphonic Orchestra Vel" when played in real time.
Headphones & HD video mode are required !
https://www.youtube.com/embed/OS98XFsuu3U?rel=0&autoplay=1&modestbranding=1&fs=0

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
This video might give you another perspective of dynamics and consistency of Strings Suite ensembles
in a complex COMBI called "Symphonic Orchestra Vel" when played in real time.
Headphones & HD video mode are required !
https://www.youtube.com/embed/OS98XFsuu3U?rel=0&autoplay=1&modestbranding=1&fs=0

Still don't get any sense of something special with Nuance control. Sounds like a stock string sound.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ed_f wrote:
Sounds like a stock string sound.

Brick wall ... Let us know for the stock house you're shopping , I need a pair of Armani T shirts for my vacations ...
We all can see your clear motivations and for sure already banned from my customers list , even for a pair of second hand socks !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
ed_f wrote:
Sounds like a stock string sound.

Brick wall ... Let us know for the stock house you're shopping , I need a pair of Armani T shirts for my vacations ...
We all can see your clear motivations and for sure already banned from my customers list , even for a pair of second hand socks !

huh? Motivations? I have just been asking for days about the terms you use on your site and you keep ignoring me. My point was that there is no indication of the special technologies that your site says this includes. So you want to ban me, well.. whatever.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What special technology , in a well known workstation like Kronos for 3 years in circulation ?
I've made some tricks to apply mentioned features in presentation page , that are all real in every single word !
Do want me to explain you how ? certainly not !!!
Be sure , that I can easily be exposed with one simple fake feature that I've written there , as an official member of forum !
So , in slightest case that misjudged you , I take everything back , but also show the appropriate respect , be reasonable with
your questions and just Email me for the rest of "sensitive"questions !

Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamaha have for years marked the Tyros series using terminology like, New Technology, Articulating Voices, Mega Voices, SA Voices and so on when describing what is ONLY a method they used to program the sounds.

From a sound designers point of view, they are simply using existing methods by where they make use of velocity layers, sample zones, and switches / controllers the operator manually controls to achieve all they are saying.

So while technically there's no new technology at work, the claims they make are still technically true as it's how the sounds are programmed that matters to the end user.

DNC in the Pa3X is a different animal altogether. That is truly active new technology that responses to how you play.

When it comes to the KRONOS, there is no DNC for the HD-1 engine. That being said, you have to take into consideration all that I just said about the Tyros above and all Yamaha do and say to market the sounds. The KRONOS can do everything the Tyros can and it can far exceed it in COMBI mode by more than one can imagine.

So Antony clearly has done that and while one could argue that this is not a new technology, it is at the end of the day far more than Yamaha are doing with the Tyros and very clever programming.

With that said, RESPECT to Antony for taking the initiative and using the KRONOS in such a way. He's right to try bring attention to his method of programming by using some marketing terminology.

Whether or not you agree on the choice of words used, it's still a far cry from the spin Yamaha puts the Tyros.

The only thing that's important is really how good are the sounds, and how easy are they to play.

Regards
Sharp
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The greatest epilogue of all , Thanks James , much appreciated !

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 4 years in circulation the highly rated Kronos sound library "Strings Suite" has been upgrated to version 2 , where the well
known from PaSeries DNC2 technology , has been applied to Kronos ... http://wavesart.eu/KronosEXs/Symphonic%20Strings%20Suite.html
This library is the economy option (compared to Cinematic Suite) for users that mainly want Solo Strings for their needs.

Changes in version 2 : All Strings articulations have been developed in combination mode with the new innovating switching
articulations technique of WavesArt ® DNC that is used in Cinematic Suite , based on advanced programming of Karma & HD1
where all articulations work in toggle mode , although are assigned to momentary controllers like ±Y/SW1 , sustained until articulations
keys are released providing not only articulation soft transition but also the parallel use of them , this structure also provides double
polyphony than before in complex Combinations.

Thanks for reading

kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys but all your discussions about nuances, articulations and so on are just useless ! Definitely. Why ? Because we are in front of a keybord (the Kronos) and absolutely not in front of the London Symphony Orchestra. All we can do is to cheat. Yes music is the most delicious lie. Just a lie. People don't want to hear the L.S.O. nor the Kronos : people just want to hear the dreams they have already in their heads. Let's try to paint them Laughing

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kronoSphere wrote:
Sorry guys but all your discussions about nuances, articulations and so on are just useless ! Definitely. Why ? Because we are in front of a keybord (the Kronos) and absolutely not in front of the London Symphony Orchestra. All we can do is to cheat. Yes music is the most delicious lie. Just a lie. People don't want to hear the L.S.O. nor the Kronos : people just want to hear the dreams they have already in their heads. Let's try to paint them Laughing

While an artist can make the best use of available tools
there is lots of room for improvement in the K for acoustic instruments.

And currently , for K songwriters inspired by realistic instruments, 3rd party samples is the best/only alternative.

If I relied on the ' public ' to determine my choice of keyboard, I would still have a PSR or a 25 yr old stage piano. LOL

Most musicians have demanding standards. Thats how we fulfill our creativity.
I think you are demanding, too Smile
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This outdated topic is 4 years old , things have changed since then and the reason that I've recalled it , is only to announce
that the subject of topic "Strings Suite" , that was the guide of all the rest Kronos sound developers , has been upgraded
to version 2 with latest innovations that will teach them again in the future ... Wink
No matter of what anyone believes about emulation and similar stuff , there are essential issues that count for real time
performers and the most important are the existing and playable sound controllers that will facilitate them when performing
in real time with an acoustic instrument , and articulation and expression are those factors that will determine the closer
approaching of it ! This is WavesArt's role here ... has proven it in the past and will continue in the future ! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: