Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA600 & PA900 made in China?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: PA600 & PA900 made in China? Reply with quote

A poster on this forum indicated that the 600 & 900 are made in China and he thought that was why the prices of them were lower than previous models. Can anyone confirm that China is manufacturing these?

Apparently the PA3X is made in Italy where the engineering is done.

Does anyone know if Korg is going to switch all manufacturing to China for the PA series?
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep.
Pa600 is made in CHINA Evil or Very Mad
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Snorkum

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PA900 is made in China, engineered and designed in Italy.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made in China?

That's shocking!

Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why shocking? Most of the electronic devices are made in China nowadays, even Apple products.
It's because "we", the customers, don't want to pay extremely high prices anymore.
(I must admit, Apple is not a good example).

PA900 came on the market for about 1.800 euros, where PA800's price tag was about 3.000 only a few years ago.
And that was made in Italy as far as I know.
I wonder what it would have cost if it was made in Germany, Holland, Switzerland, the US or Sweden...

Shocked

Play in style. Wink
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fransman wrote:
Why shocking?

ROFL

That was a joke!

kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fransman,

It may not be widely known outside of the states, but Apple has reverted back to manufacture in the US. I do not know if this means all of their product line but certainly the new Mac Pro and iPhones if I recall correctly.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fransman wrote:
Why shocking? Most of the electronic devices are made in China nowadays, even Apple products.
It's because "we", the customers, don't want to pay extremely high prices anymore.
(I must admit, Apple is not a good example).

You right, but not exactly.
Some part of move manufacturing to china is governments forced taxes on businesses.
Owners is tired of feed government and they look for better solution moving to country where manufacturing is cheaper to stay on market,... is sad but is true.
On other hand people is not supporting, not appreciate any more for producers, they do whatever to get cheaper, free.
Not many think how much cost to manufacturing.
Look around... Smile
most post is about how and where get cool styles, but not many ask where to buy, they love free, not thinking how much skills and time style creator must do to make style.
I know many people who making Korg styles, they do because they love, but if they try to make a little money, only to cover their cost, nobody willing to pay. Confused
Bottom line is if you not like cheap made in China Pa600, buy Pa3x made in Italy, pay 3x more.
If you don't like paid Styles, spend hours to google for get free, you spend more time to search, that playing Laughing
kenackr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit that when I first started to consider buying an arranger, and was thinking about the PA3X, that I found it's price level, which is above the Kronos, to be an impediment.

I realize they are different instruments that are geared for different uses but having been used to buying Korg's flagship workstations and seeing the PA3X pricing to be higher (except for the Oasys) was certainly not what I expected.

The current price level of the PA 900 is much more user friendly and it makes me think that Korg made the change in manufacturing location to get the price down. It will be very interesting to see what happens to pricing on the successor to the PA3X which will probably happen in the next year, now that the 300,600, & 900 are relatively "fresh".
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly I'm happy to have Pa600, playing on is more difficult that Pa3x, but afer all if you can play on Pa600, you can fly on Pa3x Laughing
Someday I think (wish) get Kronos, but I think I stay with Pa600.
Don't get me wrong, I wish have Pa3x, just my Santa is broke Smile
I wouldn't go for Pa300, I love to have MIDI in/out, but for now my skills perfectly fit with Pa600, which I hook up with Akai Professional MPK 49 midi controller.
Without Akai I was be missing aftertouch feature .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: