Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound library recommendations.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wag

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:26 am    Post subject: Sound library recommendations. Reply with quote

I know this is a vague (and noob) question, so apologies in advance-What are some of your preferred sound libraries available from Korg or others for a Kronos 2? At what point will the addition of these affect other areas of performance of Kronos? Thanks
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably depends on what you play. For my Kronos, I've bought a few SoundIron choir libraries and also the Fazioli grand piano (Korg Italian Grand) because I mainly practice classical and enjoy choir stuff. But I also play progressive like Emerson, Jobson, Moraz, etc. For this, you then also need time to program existing sound engines like the CX-3, AL-1, MS-20EX and so on. Nowadays, I create my own sample libraries. Takes lots of time but once ready I load exactly the sounds I want.

Finally, the Kronos' only performance limitation might be its memory, so in other words the number of libraries you can play during a given memory load. On the other hand, you can add a much larger internal disk to store as many libraries you might need during different memory "loads/sessions". I've installed a 250GB SSD in mine, because I quickly overloaded the original 60 GB. Hope this helps.
Wag

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks kK for the quick reply. I’ll look into adding a ssd card. Any particular card I need to look for in terms of compatibility? Are there other libraries that are superior to the sounds that come pre-installed in the Kronos 2? Looking for acoustic piano and strings.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is really fun with the Korg libraries is that you first install them in demo mode, which means you can try them for free - even though the sound cuts every few seconds. This way you can make sure you like the programs, sounds and also how they respond as you play on the keys. Then if you like a library, you purchase it, otherwise you delete it and try other ones.

About SSDs, I bought a Samsung EVO 250 GB for its quality, but you can buy any other decent SSD which connects with a SATA cable. If you add it as a second drive, you will also need a SATA cable. You can also clone the factory Kronos disk in a larger SSD using a few free tools (that is what I chose to do, but others also prefer a dual SSD config).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: