Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Routing External Audio Thru The Effects Bus On A EMX-1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
reaktorplayer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:58 am    Post subject: Routing External Audio Thru The Effects Bus On A EMX-1 Reply with quote

Hello, this topic is not mentioned in the manual and after much searching I have found little reference to processing external audio in the effects bus of a Electribe EMX-1. The button is labeled "Audio In Thru" and automatically sends any audio to the output, like it or not. The "Audio In +Comb" will not send audio to the effects. I read somewhere that it is possible to process external audio by creating a 1 note pattern and setting the Gate Time for the note at 128. This has not worked for me. Maybe a good chance that I am not doing that series of steps correctly?
Has anyone here successfully routed external audio through the effects in a EMX-1?

Thanks for reading this.
brambos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure Audio Thru is *disabled* if you want to use the sequencer for gating otherwise your sound will not be sent through the tubes and the effects section of your EMX...
reaktorplayer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the information, I'll give that a try.
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running the input to a synth part with the Audio-In/Comb model is way more flexible than just applying FX: You can do crazy gating, filtering, comb-filtering, modulation...anything you can do with a synth part except playing different notes to change the ptich of the input.

To set this up, pick a synth part, enter Part Edit mode and set the synthesis style to Audio-In/Comb. next, set the part volume to max (why not?) and then set an active step at the beginning of each bar. When you play this back, it should just let the input in for .75 of a step on each bar.

Now go in Step Edit mode (the 3rd of those buttons below the playback/screen section) and use the down arrow to the left of the EMX to scroll to GateTime in here. Now for each bar, set the gate time to 16.25 (or anything above 16....EXACTLY 16 beats will make it retrigger on each bar!).

Once you've done this, you should have a nice audio-in patch. The difference between doing it this way instead of leaving the gate open for 128 steps is that you can mute/unmute it and glitch out the arpeggiator without a disastrous multi-bar silence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: