Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca bass internal speaker not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonynoise

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:11 am    Post subject: Volca bass internal speaker not working Reply with quote

I plugged in my volca bass and can't get any sound from the internal speaker.
It works fine when plugged in through the headphone output!
Kinda confused was working fine last time I tried and I wouldn't have thought you could blow them that easy, I've only had it a couple weeks.
I even opened it up to look for any loose speaker connections, nothing!
Anyone else had this issue, Or know what it maybe?
Help Rolling Eyes
vandelay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low batteries? I believe the speaker shuts off as the batteries run low.
Jonynoise

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Internal speaker doesn't work even when plugged in using a 9v adaptor
I did notice though that a popping sound is emitted from the internal speaker when turning the unit on and off so I guess it is still getting signal?
clownfool

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would open it up and see if the wire to the speaker came off if you don't mind voiding the warranty. I opened my volca beats to do the snare volume mod today and the wire to the batteries just fell off. The soldering on the battery wire sucks. So i just soldered it back on. Hope that helps
kamil.t

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have exact same problem with Volca Bass.

It just happened out of nowhere. My Volca was connected to my keyboard with MIDI cable, so I didn't even touch Volca when this happened.

I was playing on keyboard and listening through Volca speaker and it happened while I was playing.

@Jonynoise (or anyone): Have you found a solution?
analoguekid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am puzzled as to why you guys are using these and listening to them through the very dodgy sounding speaker, they sound like s**t and weren't made to be used like this, the speaker is there just for reference purposes.
kamil.t

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@analoguekid: Not sure why it matters how I use it, but just to satisfy your curiosity: I disconnected my headphones for a while so I could connect them to my computer and quickly check something out. And since I was working on a sequence I could continue to do so even on internal speaker (I didn't care about sound quality at that moment).
analoguekid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kamil.t wrote:
@analoguekid: Not sure why it matters how I use it, but just to satisfy your curiosity: I disconnected my headphones for a while so I could connect them to my computer and quickly check something out. And since I was working on a sequence I could continue to do so even on internal speaker (I didn't care about sound quality at that moment).

That's fare enough then, like I said for reference Smile
kamil.t

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: solved Reply with quote

In case someone has this problem in the future: it was just some particle that fell into headphone output and disconnected external speaker (when we plug something into that socket that is what happens). So I just bought compressed air in a can and flushed the socket good. It started to work perfectly immediately Smile
TimeBomb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem - no sound from internal speaker. Following kamil.t's advice worked! I had to blow some air in the headphone output, and the internal speaker started to work again.

Thank goodness, because I had no desire to open that box up!

Smile
Rooftree

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+100 to kamil.t's advice!

I bought a Volca Keys yesterday from a guy for $50. The speaker wasn't working. After reading this thread I took a look in the headphones jack under strong light and couldn't see any debris. I then blew into the jack as hard as I could several times.

To my amazement, the speaker worked!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: