Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Independent Song Play / Keyboard transpose ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
advid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Independent Song Play / Keyboard transpose ? Reply with quote

..how can I transpose a SONG PLAY - Midi or MP3 to a new key (for correct vocal range when singing) and then independently transpose the keyboard to that same new key... it seems when changing the keyboard it moves the midi/mp3 as well so I can't get both in the same key....
My Tyros has independent control over both ...
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Independent Song Play / Keyboard transpose ? Reply with quote

advid wrote:
..how can I transpose a SONG PLAY - Midi or MP3 to a new key (for correct vocal range when singing) and then independently transpose the keyboard to that same new key... it seems when changing the keyboard it moves the midi/mp3 as well so I can't get both in the same key....
My Tyros has independent control over both ...

You'll probably want to review GLOBAL > TUNING > TRANSPOSE CONTROL see page 256 of the user manual.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
advid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Independent Song Play / Keyboard transpose ? Reply with quote

[quote="Thoraldus"][quote="advid"]..how can I transpose a SONG PLAY - Midi or MP3 to a new key (for correct vocal range when singing) and then independently transpose the keyboard to that same new key... it seems when changing the keyboard it moves the midi/mp3 as well so I can't get both in the same key....
My Tyros has independent control over both ...[/quote]

You'll probably want to review GLOBAL > TUNING > TRANSPOSE CONTROL see page 256 of the user manual.[/quote]

.....thanks for reply.... Looked in manual but still can't figure out how to independently alter BOTH transposed Song play Key and transposed keyboard key....
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold down Shift and press Transpose - this will bring up the menu where you can control anything and everything to do with transposing.
However I would be inclined not to change the default settings (Realtime plus apply to Player 1 & 2) because it will become confusing.
Its far better to change your midis to the key you want to play in in Sequencer Mode (Menu, Song Edit, All Tracks, Transpose Tab, Choose your value, Save) then use Songbook to adjust pitch if you want to sing in a different key (with your Song in Songbook go to Book Edit2 and change the M. Transpose)
If its an mp3 it is best not to transpose more than 1 or two tones at the most because it will start not to sound natural.
If you really want to play with an mp3 in a particular key AND want to sing in a different key again - I would transpose the mp3 on a computer (say freeware program Audacity) rather than have the Pa900 do it and do final Transpose in Songbook - this way you can leave the default settings alone.
Cheers,
John
jimsweb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you..! very helpful reply!
advid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: refply... Reply with quote

....thanks for that info....

Could you take through this example : say.....

Midi in C but need it in E..to sing through it OK
But can't play that song to well in E on keyboard ..so need to transpose keyboard up to E...

How's it done ?
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the midi is in C then all you need to do is put the song into Songbook and use Book Edit2 and adjust the M. Transpose from 0 to +4 for this song. When you select the song using Songbook it will automatically be transposed.
So you will be able to play it in C but it will really be in E.
(To put the song in Songbook you need to be in Song Play Mode, cue the song on Player 1, press Songbook, New Song, Write, give it a name, OK.
If you want to adjust anything like STS's Genre, Transpose, Artist, then choose Book, re-select your song and adjust as necessary).
Tip - put your initials as the Artist Name, then if you want a list of just your songs you can Filter by Artist Name.
Cheers,
John
advid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: reply... Reply with quote

..thanks for that info.....very helpful....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: