Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Password Protect customized set
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Password Protect customized set Reply with quote

Hi,
I was wondering if it is possible to password protect our customized set in Korg Pa900 through the keyboard or any third party software.
This is for in case if I borrow my keyboard to somebody and I want to protect/prevent my customized set from deleting/copying any styles, sounds, etc...
Thanks for any input.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Password Protect customized set Reply with quote

BR wrote:
Hi,
I was wondering if it is possible to password protect our customized set in Korg Pa900 through the keyboard or any third party software.
This is for in case if I borrow my keyboard to somebody and I want to protect/prevent my customized set from deleting/copying any styles, sounds, etc...
Thanks for any input.

Don't let use anybody you don't trust Wink
Korg PA don't have possibility passport protect your sets.
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik
Quote:
Don't let use anybody you don't trust Wink

I will... Smile

Thanks
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This question has arisen many times in the past.

The short answer is "no".

There are "lockable" USB keys (i.e. locks the USB port) - never tried them, probably never will - I don't let my gear out of my sight - when I'm not there, it is locked up!!!

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
This question has arisen many times in the past.

The short answer is "no".

There are "lockable" USB keys (i.e. locks the USB port) - never tried them, probably never will - I don't let my gear out of my sight - when I'm not there, it is locked up!!!

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

This USB password protected drive is working under Windows OS and some on Mac.
Protection there is a software, which encrypting data on drive.
Never going to work with Korg OS. Smile
Korg is not working with USB directly anyway , you need loaded first style.
When you loaded is stay there until you delete.
Before Moderators lock this topic I want to say : always keep backup, keep away from strangers and you be safe. Wink
Performers Heaven
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete, thanks for the info.
I was actually thinking about a third party software where we can edit/modify the set , password protect (only for copy/delete) the set and then import it to Pa900. It would be like Permissions for files in Windows, we could give certain permission like "Read only, Write, Full control, Special permission, etc.".
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about Password protect SETs, but there's many third party SETs that are saved in flash drives. You have to connect the physical flash drive to the keyboard in order to use those type of SETs... .

Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assyrianpianist wrote:
I don't know about Password protect SETs, but there's many third party SETs that are saved in flash drives. You have to connect the physical flash drive to the keyboard in order to use those type of SETs... .

All password protected drive use data encrypt, you need PC OS system to access pass protection.
Because Korg is not using OS same as PC, has no option to type password on screen to input pass.
Only way to use secure USB drive and use on Korg PA is (maybe, not sure) Biometric Fingerprint USB drive protection.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6731442&CatId=942
Wink
Performers Heaven
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Assyrianpianist

Hi Sam,
Thank you for your information.
The physical flash drive, as you mentioned, could be a good option when using the set only from flash drive.
Q:
Is it possible to read and use a set directly only from flash drive without needing to load the set in the internal SSD (Solid State Drive) of Pa900?

Thank you
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few tips FYI
- PaSeries can reproduce only imported custom samples in system SSD/Ram and never read them from any media !
- Users definitely can't secure via software their custom resources.
- A custom SET is always loaded in sys SSD when you turn on your Pa , unless if you load another one to overwrite it or Restore
and every time you're performing to load your set from external media Brick wall , so only hardware modification can provide security from
unauthorized copying like a key switch that will interrupt USB ports power supply.
- Nemik , Sam wrote you the exact commercial locking status but you didn't got it Sad!
- Third party developers can secure only their custom samples ( that are the only resources that can be locked) in Pa600/900 using
USB stick or rear micro SD with a special format and a strictly private software utility that only Korg' provide them , where PCM data
can be loaded from media but can't be copied with any saving procedure (let's say read only) , and they also distribute this media
when purchasing a set !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman,
Thank you for the information I really appreciated and it's good to know.

Quote:
AntonySharmman,
- Nemik , Sam wrote you the exact commercial locking status but you didn't got it !

With all due respect for Sam, Nemik and you for your help and information,
I have the right to ask any related questions here (that do not interfere with the forum policy) and if we come here to ask for information that means we don't know the answer and we want to learn. And beside that I prefer to see different opinion. Just Calm Down and do like every member. don't turn the topic to personal judgment and learn like everybody.

Look at my other topic (Assignable Switch and Q-Tone), with all your knowledge you could not give any solution and you were sure that it's a predefined set up and there is no solution. After all Mr. Asafar gave the solution and it solved the problem and now everybody who deals with this issue can benefit from his solution.
Just friendly advice: Be Humble. We learn everyday from each other.
Peace
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What personal judgment you're talking about ?
My reference was just a notice for Nemik with no hard feelings ! and rest tips for all members not only you !
As concerned to Q Tone , BillyHank had already given you the answer of locking preferences and "Write to Start up Performance"
in Pa3X is the same as yours "My settings"(also predefined function) in Pa900 and sorry if we could not lead you to your exact
point , but you mislead us to understand your needs (until now I think you were talking for locking switch to "on" state )
Also this maybe can heard a bit selfish but it's completely truth , that I'm here only to help and not to learn Very Happy and sorry for that ...
I visit from time to time your Pa900 section due to input for info or help , If this is undesirable it's OK , then come to visit me at
Pa3X/2X/Kronos sessions or send a PM if you need my support ! Very Happy

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman,
Thank you for applying and clarification.
Let's be friend than other thing. I could maybe misunderstood your statement and please if this is the case I present my apologies and after all we come here to get some help in the music field and eventually get some friendship.
Please let's move on and stay in music world and I will be here in the future for help and sharing, and for sure you will help me... Very Happy
Peace
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you do a 'Save ALL' to external media, then restore the PA900 to factory default before you loan it out?

Then reload your own data when you get it back?

No chance of copying your data if it isn't on board... Twisted Evil

(forgive me if I don't use the correct nomenclature for the procedure... been a while since I used my friend's PA3X, but I think you understand the basic idea, yes?)
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dikikeys is correct. Its only a 5 minute job to save your set (don't forget to copy your midis and mp3s if you have them as well) and load Korgs default set. I would be making at least 2 copies of my own set just to be on the safe side.
Actually I'm in the habit of uploading my Save All set to the 'cloud' via drop box once a month. Murphey's Law states that the day you accidently wipe everything on your Pa is the same day your USB stick goes through the washing machine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: