Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Intervalometer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Photography and Graphic Design
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:37 am    Post subject: Intervalometer Reply with quote

Sharp or anyone else, have you ever done any time-lapse photography? I just picked up a intervalometer, should have some storms rolling in tomorrow I hope to use it then. I have to be careful my DSLR isn't weather sealed. I do have a go pro but it doesn't do so well in low light.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, have one, but I don't use it for Timelapse in the sense your planning. I use my one to take 360 degree photo's of objects using a motorised turn table.

You can see a sample of my work on my website here.
http://www.myvirtualworld.ie/?page_id=7

Just click on the “3D Objects” tab.

For the kind of timelapse your planning, I'm only currently only fooling around and experimenting with all that so in order to save my DLSR a little extra wear and tare, I picked up a small little device called the Brino TLC 200

http://www.brinno.com/html/TLC200.html
I think I've some video's on my You tube Channel.

It's a fun little gadget for fooling around with.

Regards
Sharp.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No joy here everything I awoke to was a dull grey.

Great photos Sharp how the heck do you get such large pixel counts? My little entry level Nikon is at 24 Mpixels. I can't imagine working on a much larger file.

I am guessing with time lapse I am going to have to suck it up and just set the camera and trust something happens. I can always delete the file.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No joy here everything I awoke to was a dull grey

lol... Are you living in Ireland too? Sounds like a normal day here.

Quote:
Great photos Sharp how the heck do you get such large pixel counts?

I've one of these, GigaPan Pro.
http://gigapan.com/cms/shop/epic-pro

Quote:
I can't imagine working on a much larger file.

Yeah, it's certainly different from working on a photo straight off your camera. I've photo's that when viewed at 100%, they are 90 FT long.

Quote:
I am guessing with time lapse I am going to have to suck it up and just set the camera and trust something happens.

Yep, that's all part of the fun. Trial and Error. Just getting out doors and playing around with it is just as enjoyable as seeing the end results.

Enjoy it. It is a lot of fun.

Regards
Sharp.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that gig pan looks like a lot of fun but a whole lot of work! I may have to give height to it some day. I first need to invest in some FX glass. I only use a little D3200 but the better glass is a better investment for me then a newer body, which I constantly gas for.

What post processing software do you use the most. I'm an aperture person but I am using a trial of the DXO products currently. I am tossed up. Not sure I like all the auto stuff it is initially showing me but I can set up my own presets for conversions so that isn't a deal breaker. I do not like the subscription model for the PS stuff. Being a mac guy I sure hope Aplles new phot product isn't a major let down form Aperture.

I obviously do not live in Ireland but of all the places in the world the music and culture is the one I am most drawn to, my family will visit there some day, but my grandma was irish, a Struthers. I am in South Dakota in a sea of fields! We get plenty of grey days especially in the winter months which are many. But the opportunity for some cool time lapse is approaching. I am hoping to capture some frost forming!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Photography and Graphic Design All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: