Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble Selecting Mod Wheel as Source for Internal Patch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marginwalker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Trouble Selecting Mod Wheel as Source for Internal Patch Reply with quote

I just recently purchased a microKorg used. I am knew to the microkorg and synths in general. I have been getting familiar with it over the past couple weeks and have had some trouble selecting the mod wheel as a source for an internal patch.

I have read over the manual (pg. 30), various posts in this forum and referenced a few You Tube videos about how this should work, so I have an idea of how to do it. The problem is that the mod wheel is not listed as a source option when I turn Knob 1, my options end at pitch bend (bnd) I should note that I've been trying on am initialized patch. I have even followed along with every step outlined in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-ZNdjkLwOU&t=385s yet I still run into the same issue.

Could Knob 1 be faulty or could it be something else? Any direction would be helpful.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

That is indeed kind a strange. Sounds like that the potmeter at knob 1 can no longer go till the very end of its range....

To rule that out, you can try e.g. the amp-eg page (p28). Knob 1 controls then the attack time. Verify you can change the parameter from 0 to 127. If you don't reach 127, then that explains why you neither can choose the modulation wheel. Replacing the pot may fix this.

As (temporary) workaround, you can always fine tune each parameter using the shift+octave up/down method (Refer to p64 - inc/dec param value). With this you should be able to go further where knob 1 stops.

Good luck.
marginwalker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply OpAMp. I did the test you recommended and Knob 1 was only able to reach 99 out of 127. So it looks like the pot is faulty.

Are there any good tutorials out there on how to go about replacing them. I am relatively handy with soldering and such so I could possibly do it myself. Also, any good places to get replacement parts?
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You can find some opening up videos on youtube. (E.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSvgQgFKIxs

The pots are have officially this type VR RV1103N1-25KQ-B10K (10KB). But googling does not give too much info. Most likely it is just a linear 10kOhm pot.

Good luck.
marginwalker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the video.

I was able to find the pot through this website
https://syntaur.com/korg_micro.html

Might be useful for some folks down the line, they seem to have a variety of replacement parts for different Korg models.

I will let you know how it goes.
dpeeesp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it fix the issue? I have the same issue and have the part ordered
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: