Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Polysix problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deano909

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Polysix problems Reply with quote

I have just got a poly six which turns on. And powers and can produce sounds but the keys are all out of octave and if you press one it starts at the bottom of the scale and goes up an octave after every press. I think all the pots have been messed with. Please help people.
mantrak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another detuned Polysix.

Deano909, you may Google something like "polysix F#4 VR1 VR3" and you will get lot of materials. However, not everything is clear so you will need a bit of luck.

I have "older revision" board with KLM 396A, so I have less trim pots to wiggle, the magic VR2 and VR14 are not present on my synth. The original Service Manual says something about "confirming" some values but forgets to explain what happens if they are wrong. Power supply loks OK, mysterious optocoupler also measures OK (although there is no 100% sure way to tell?). Is there anyone who can help me out?
ARP AXXE, Korg ARP Odyssey
Hammond B3 + Leslie 122 + Leslie 142
Rhodes MK1 73, Wurlitzer model 270
jhulk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check that the battery has not leaks as it destroys ic and tracks and

if there is green oxide on the tracks and white powdery blotches then you will have battery leakage you need to use some white wine vinegar to neutralize the acid then wash with water remove all ic that are damaged and check that the tracks are ok between each point clean the pads with a fibre glass rubber so that they are nice a shiny clean psb with some 99.9% iso pro

pcb cleaning fluid fit ic sockets and fit back new parts you may be lucky in catching it efore it totally destroys the board

if you cant fix then at least there is a new replacement board but very expensive
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: