Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The New Electribes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoolak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we know whether or not there will be a programmable song mode or do you trigger on-the-fly only?
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:
Don't hold your breath, SMK, and other electribers...now guitar center updated it to 10/27. Not only that, I called them today and they said that date on the website is not when it will be in stores, but rather when it hits their warehouses. Bummer. Then they fed me some B.S. that Guitar Center is only receiving 8 units from Korg for the first run so I should pre-order now over the phone. Yeah, ok.

Yep, 10/27 (wouldn't be surprised if it moved back in weekly increments for a while.)

The Guitar Center pre-sale has been up for a long time, I waited for a few weeks before I pre-ordered - there's ZERO chance that pre-ordering over the phone now will get you one of the EIGHT UNITS they are expecting... wow. GC has been pre-selling them since they were announced.

I wonder if that handful of advance Store Demos allows Guitar Center to claim they ship on 10/20 (now 10/27, and reflects a date they will have them in warehouse?) when in reality they'll have them when everyone else does - at some point in November or December when the cargo boat sails, pending any Korg-side delays.
hoolak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg Japan website states early November below main top image (may require translation option when viewing on Chrome).

http://www.korg.com/jp/products/dj/electribe/
TechnoMusic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best preview so far, in German but still you'll get the gist from this even if you don't speak the language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCTS1RIphMo
hoolak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if already posted. I found this host to be helpful by "hassling" Mistabishi for certain features to be shown. Basically, a bar loop from scratch....

http://youtu.be/6pDbFvgWbcM
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoolak wrote:
Do we know whether or not there will be a programmable song mode or do you trigger on-the-fly only?

There's a new feature called the "Event Recorder." You trigger things on the fly (switching patterns, changing the tempo, tweaking sounds, manual mute functions, etc.) and it records the entire session. The sessions are then saved as playback files onto a memory card which can then play back everything automatically. Sort it's kind of like a Song Mode, but slightly different.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Member wrote:
hoolak wrote:

There's a new feature called the "Event Recorder." You trigger things on the fly (switching patterns, changing the tempo, tweaking sounds, manual mute functions, etc.) and it records the entire session. The sessions are then saved as playback files onto a memory card which can then play back everything automatically. Sort it's kind of like a Song Mode, but slightly different.

I must say I'm very sceptical about this new feature. Is it possible to overdub stuff? Is it possible to step edit anything once recorded?
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugo wrote:
I must say I'm very sceptical about this new feature. Is it possible to overdub stuff? Is it possible to step edit anything once recorded?

The Owner's Manual that is currently up on Korg's website is really skimpy about describing this feature in full detail, so I don't know yet. Currently it says that anything you do in Event Mode doesn't effect the original patterns. My guess is that it functions as a simple MIDI recorder and you can't really edit things in detail, sort of like how the microSAMPLER sequencer worked. I'm sure there will be a more in-depth parameter guide to go along with it.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Member wrote:
Hugo wrote:

The Owner's Manual that is currently up on Korg's website is really skimpy about describing this feature in full detail, so I don't know yet. Currently it says that anything you do in Event Mode doesn't effect the original patterns. My guess is that it functions as a simple MIDI recorder and you can't really edit things in detail, sort of like how the microSAMPLER sequencer worked. I'm sure there will be a more in-depth parameter guide to go along with it.

Yeah, I fear it's really crippled and the argument being that it's "better" to do the editing in Ableton Live.
djenzyme

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the manual, it states that the bottom LEDs light up in accordance with the playing pattern.

With 4 multi coloured LEDs, there is the possibility of displaying status of a selected part (with 4 different status indicators for each selected part/pattern!) as well as displaying a different system whilst actually playing.

I hope they have thought this through properly, otherwise the LEDs are just going to be a drain on power...
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Guitar Center has tied the carrot to a week-long stick.
The electribe page now says "10/28."
Coming tomorrow: "10/29"
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preorder dates on music gear is rarely set in stone, they are estimated. In the past, I've seen a handful of my orders get their dates pushed around for an entire season. I've noticed that Korg generally ships their new products out at the tail end of each season, so if these were announced for a Fall release, it would probably be late November/early December.
Blue Monster 65

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonic state preview: http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2014/10/23/video-preview-new-korg-electribe/
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beat me to it Smile Finally, some decent info, more or less confirms most of what I thought it would be. 24 voices might be a concern, just one of those things you need to pay attention to I guess.
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korg rep says it should be out by December... I fear it'll be postponed even further
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 15 of 62

Jump to: