Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The New Electribes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only wish this video covered more of the things that really are a mystery which are the actually the effects. What effects are there. Effects are not covered in the online manual.

Do we get a tone of delays and different modulation effects...basically I am looking for where it talks about the 200 or so KP3+ effects that are included.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At one point in the video he was going through the different effects...right before where he starts talking about and demoing the master fx.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"overdrive, bitcrusher, ring modulator, sustainer, limiter, lo eq, mid eq, hi eq, audio eq, filter, talk filter, delay, ...

that's what I heard in the vid for inserts. most certainly more.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarekith wrote:
Agreed. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but talk about not answering any of the questions he was asked with even a bit of enthusiasm or detail Smile

Well to be fair to Pullan, he makes a huge statement that this is really an all in wonder device. It is a message he has been promoting from day one; " you can hold an entire club with this one thing...this is what it was designed for". Being as skilled as he is; to him it is brain dead easy to make beats and keep a track going.

What is nice and makes it very clear that unlike a Kaossilator this is not an instant music machine. "you have to have an imagination to make this work".
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update from Korg, 09/04/14: The Electribe should be available in December 2014 at $550 (US) MSRP

From http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2014/09/04/korg-announces-next-generation-electribe-music-production-station/

This bums me out...I have to lug my 3 Kaoss units plus on Volca Keys along with my microSampler and mixer and s**t ton of power supplies and midi cables for two more months to shows.

The Electribe can't come out soon enough!!!!
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:
"overdrive, bitcrusher, ring modulator, sustainer, limiter, lo eq, mid eq, hi eq, audio eq, filter, talk filter, delay, ...

that's what I heard in the vid for inserts. most certainly more.

roblabs-

Is that what effects you think you heard or is it you know German and that's what you heard him say?
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
MSix_Anthony

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:
I only wish this video covered more of the things that really are a mystery which are the actually the effects. What effects are there. Effects are not covered in the online manual.

James Pullen shared some info on the effects in his AMA http://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/2hsvv2/james_pullens_ask_mistabishi_anything_thread/ckwhfn5

Quote:
there's 9 kinds of delay on the insert. also on the insert there's 3 filter shapes, (lpf, hpf, bpf+) eq boost shapes, (low, mid, high, and radio-notch), a tremolo, a repeater, a ringmod, an exciter (an aphex-aural style hi-mid boost), phaser (4 kinds, from manual to lfo) flanger (4 kinds), overdrive, distortion, limiter, sustainer (basically a compressor with a soft-knee shape), punch (transient designer kinda thing), chorus, talk filter (vowel/formant filter), decimator, bit-crusher, slicer (modulating gate thingy), pumper (enveloped modulating gate thingy). the reverb algos are found on the master fx section - room, hall, and wet.

According to the specs on the official Korg page there are 38 types of insert fx and 32 master fx
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:
Update from Korg, 09/04/14: The Electribe should be available in December 2014 at $550 (US) MSRP

From http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2014/09/04/korg-announces-next-generation-electribe-music-production-station/

This bums me out...I have to lug my 3 Kaoss units plus on Volca Keys along with my microSampler and mixer and s**t ton of power supplies and midi cables for two more months to shows.

The Electribe can't come out soon enough!!!!

According to Guitar Center, the electribe MPS is shipping in 5 days (October 20, 2014) for $399.99.

That could change (intentionally early date to bait preorders?) or maybe they have a deal with Korg. But either way, new electribes will be in our hands in 2014.

New electribe releases are a rare event.

The EMX/ESX series lasted 10 years! Those units had a few problems - the chassis metal was prone to rust, the top panel prone to dings and mashed corners. There were some shorting control PCBs that were contacting other boards. The outputs were noisy, the valveforce tubes were a little touchy. The power supplies were AC/AC and got hot and hummed. SmartMedia gave way to SD, But they never did any cool firmware updates or added new features.

The EMX/ESX manuals were comprehensive. The new electribe series have very thin and vague manuals, which I would guess is because they plan on refreshing features via firmware. Why print thousands of manuals that will be out of date in a year?

The new electribes seem to have been designed with longevity in mind. Korg tends to milk a product line for a long time. I think you can still buy a new classic MicroKorg? The classic MicroKorg has a DSP synth engine that is 15 years old.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSix_Anthony wrote:
SMK wrote:

James Pullen shared some info on the effects in his AMA http://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/2hsvv2/james_pullens_ask_mistabishi_anything_thread/ckwhfn5

Quote:
there's 9 kinds of delay on the insert. also on the insert there's 3 filter shapes, (lpf, hpf, bpf+) eq boost shapes, (low, mid, high, and radio-notch), a tremolo, a repeater, a ringmod, an exciter (an aphex-aural style hi-mid boost), phaser (4 kinds, from manual to lfo) flanger (4 kinds), overdrive, distortion, limiter, sustainer (basically a compressor with a soft-knee shape), punch (transient designer kinda thing), chorus, talk filter (vowel/formant filter), decimator, bit-crusher, slicer (modulating gate thingy), pumper (enveloped modulating gate thingy). the reverb algos are found on the master fx section - room, hall, and wet.

According to the specs on the official Korg page there are 38 types of insert fx and 32 master fx

Cool, i'm going to add this to my on going thread that focuses on just listing feature ans the manual. Good find!
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:

According to Guitar Center, the electribe MPS is shipping in 5 days (October 20, 2014) for $399.99.

I hope you are right. October 20th would be awesome! Just in time before my next performance.

I mean literally this replaces so much gear...I could run my set in the band with this alone.

Combined with my microSampler I pretty much have everything I could ever want or need for live gear. Everything else is going on sale. Who's looking for a Kaossilator Pro and a KP3? Oh and my Volca Keys are going up for sale too!

I believe it when Pullan says you could run the entire club with this device.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
bog

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
The new electribes seem to have been designed with longevity in mind.

Not sure about the sampler unless they're able to increase the onboard sample memory from 270 seconds of mono samples to a capacity size that would make more sense on a hardware sampler in 2015, hopefully in a firmware update.
richbeemPOW

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

electribes are short sample machines, you play with drum loops, and drums, and short sequences whatever short stuff, up to 270 seconds right, 270 is well enough, if you want more space, get an mpc to go with it, or get a second electribe and a mixer my 2 cent!
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:

ONE MORE DAY!!!!!!

One more day to see if Guitar center was pulling our leg!

I don't know why but to me this new tribe release is like a release event of iPhone or Play Stations proportions!

I really do hope they come out this week!!!!!
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't hold your breath, SMK, and other electribers...now guitar center updated it to 10/27. Not only that, I called them today and they said that date on the website is not when it will be in stores, but rather when it hits their warehouses. Bummer. Then they fed me some B.S. that Guitar Center is only receiving 8 units from Korg for the first run so I should pre-order now over the phone. Yeah, ok.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I find annoying about the Electribe release is Korg has left everything so damn "iffy". Release date is questionable, the manual is incomplete...where are the list of sounds, effects, and patterns. Something feels uncommitted here.

I have a show November 7th. I really do hope to get the new Electribe before then even if in a couple of days.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 14 of 62

Jump to: