Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why only 999 samples with Electribe Sampler ????????
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moroe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Why only 999 samples with Electribe Sampler ???????? Reply with quote

Why only 999 samples with Electribe Sampler ????????

We have 2014

On a 32gb SD Card you can store 10.000 Samples

I wanna have one layer of 20 different folders where the samples are stored.

Another 10 years to wait for this ???

Damn !!!
Olivander12

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Why only 999 samples with Electribe Sampler ???????? Reply with quote

[quote="moroe"]Why only 999 samples with Electribe Sampler ????????

We have 2014

On a 32gb SD Card you can store 10.000 Samples

I wanna have one layer of 20 different folders where the samples are stored.

Another 10 years to wait for this ???

Damn !!![/quote]

Dont buy it then. I doubt that your creativity is limited by 999 samples. I doubt there is any record in the world using more than 999 samples Wink
moroe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont wanna use a computer to do my drums.

I just wanna have a maschine which holds ALL my drum samples and loops i need.
jiggityj

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's just what is loaded into ram. I see an SD card slot so maybe it would need to be imported from the SD card into ram to use? That would be fine for me.
brambos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how I would ever use more than 999 samples in any project. I guess people just like to complain about everything these days.
moroe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brambos wrote:
I don't see how I would ever use more than 999 samples in any project. I guess people just like to complain about everything these days.

I want ALL my unfinished projects stored on the SD card.

No annoying transfer of samples from and to pc (which samples must i keep for the unfinished projects, which samples do i have to remove to make place for another project?)

The Electribe Sampler could be my main drum unit then.

I would use it in the studio, not live.
jiggityj

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to save your finished/unfinished projects and samples in the SD card on the Electribe itself. I think a lot of people are looking at this too much like Maschine. It's a stand-alone unit first. The Ableton transfers is the extra bonus.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jiggityj wrote:
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to save your finished/unfinished projects and samples in the SD card on the Electribe itself. I think a lot of people are looking at this too much like Maschine. It's a stand-alone unit first. The Ableton transfers is the extra bonus.

To put more accurately this is like a Maschine but done right!

I thought of getting a Maschine but when I learned that you still need a computer to run Maschine...I thought; "Wowo how stupid is this, you store the sounds and your patterns on Maschine but still need a computer to play hear your work?"

I guess there is an all in one Maschine but it's pretty expensive (still don't know if it can be stand alone).

At any rate Korg finally got this one right! An Ablteon friendly controller that is it's own DAW...no computer needed.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Olivander12

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please no Hardware vs. Software discussion again. The EMX and NI Maschine have only one thing in common: both sequence midi events and both let you make music. The rest ist totally different, there is no comparison.

For example, I wan to make a movie-like orchestral, fat sounding sound track. You need a PC (or an Orchestra) for this. There is no discussion about that. Or another example: I want to make organically sounding rock music, but I have no band. I can record guitar and my voice but I also need some good-sounding drum samples and a multisamples bass-plug-in. And most importantly, I need a sequener which is not bound to a grit of 16 note per bar so I can arrange the drums to get a human feel.

But if you want to make some very detailed techno, hiphop or house track with an unique sound, the EMX is the better choice because you have much better control over your sounds. There are examples that you can make a live set with both on their own (mistabashi did this with over 2000 ppl in the crowd dancing to the sounds of one EMX), there are examples that you can make great sounding songs with just one EMX as well.
meatballfulton

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With only 270 seconds of sample storage, 999 samples will only be reached if you samples are less than 1/4 second on average.
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that the 999 sample limitation means it can only have 999 samples loaded into memory per session. You'll probably be able to save multiple "sample bank" files onto the memory card, each containing their own 999 individual samples. They probably did this to avoid a massive load time when powering the unit up. I remember back when I had a Roland MC-808, it would allow you save and load over an hour's worth of samples at once. However, you'd end up having to wait practically a whole damn hour for them to load every time you turned on the machine.

Hopefully, you'll be able to downgrade the quality of the samples. I had a Korg microSAMPLER which allowed this and dropping the rate down to 12kHz tripled the sampling time and was still listenable.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
bog

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Member wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the 999 sample limitation means it can only have 999 samples loaded into memory per session.

The 999 samples refers to how many samples you can have loaded into its onboard memory at once, not on the memory card. But like someone else already mentioned, before you ever reach the 999 samples limiations, you will likely reach the maximum onboard sample capacity limit (270 seconds if mono) that you can have loaded at once.
bingkingbo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really..?? 270 seconds mono.......man this is just not enough in 2014~2015
brambos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bingkingbo wrote:
really..?? 270 seconds mono.......man this is just not enough in 2014~2015

Really? 270 seconds is as long in 2015 as it was in 2006. For the purpose of triggering single-shot samples and single-cycle waveforms that the Electribes excel at it is plenty, imo. I've never even half-filled the memory on my ESX1 for any project.
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bog wrote:
The 999 samples refers to how many samples you can have loaded into its onboard memory at once, not on the memory card. But like someone else already mentioned, before you ever reach the 999 samples limiations, you will likely reach the maximum onboard sample capacity limit (270 seconds if mono) that you can have loaded at once.

That's exactly what I said, "999 samples loaded into memory per session." And if you read my post again, I talk about the possibility of different sampling rates which could increased the possible length of time even more.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: