Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Regarding full ssd . . .

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timbukktwo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Regarding full ssd . . . Reply with quote

I have an original Kronos w/30 gb ssd and 2 gb ram. I have the original 12 gb content along with other content that puts the ssd at approx. 21/22 gb. I know I already must unload and load because of ram limits. I would rather not send the board off and have it upgraded (I live in Hawaii) for the time and hassle it would take, plus it's been perfect so far (and don't want to do anything that would change that!). I love that new 9 gb Berlin D! Well, we all know where this is going. Is there some way to store the samples externally and manually reload them to the internal drive? I'm sure that's not how things work, but is worth a shot to ask. Seems like a no to me, as that's the reason why the unit is at least upgradable. Anyone (?) and thank you in advance!- T.
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can stream samples off an external drive (although other users may confirm because I've never tried it). I personally think the 2nd drive upgrade (I did it myself) and the added RAM is almost essential if you're going to be using additional libraries (like the Berlin Grand).

If you're brave enough (and if you've ever done any PC hardware maintenance), the upgrades are not all that difficult to do yourself. I think I did mine in the span of about 20 minutes.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
timbukktwo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks bro'. I concur with everything you've said. My intent was not to suggest streaming, though, but perhaps transferring a .ksf or something. Streaming, I'm sure, is out if the question. I'd rather not open the board myself, but I know it's entirely possible to do it. That's just me. Perhaps I've answered my own question! Thanks for you're input!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: