Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Electribes- Which one do you want most/first?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: New Electribes- Which one do you want most/first? Reply with quote

I am certainly interested in both- and I'm sure that I will end up with them side by side. But for the moment I was wondering which one (unless you are getting both at the same time) will you want to get first? Which one are you keenest on- as things stand.
For me- I will be getting the EMX2 first of all- mainly for the reason that for some time now I have felt that the EMX1's sound is getting a bit dated (I think this might be an understatement- but you may argue that Smile )- So I look at them and think- straight away- EMX1 out & EMX2 in straight away.
I look at the ESX1 and think 'I like you'- you do a great job there. If I was to get the ESX2 it would probably be to replace the ESX1... but I'm just not so keen to say goodbye just yet. I like your effects chaining button, your effects selection up front hands on dial, your sample reverse button, your editor, your valves and your roll button.. to name a few- none of which seem as accessible- if there at all on the newer version. I know you don't have on screen wave editing- but then does the newer one?
Having said that- the Kaossilator/ Taktile/ Kaoss/synth combination and all the rest of it is something to look forward to.... but I will try these features first on the EMX2 Smile
Olivander12

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please stick to Korg's terms, "electribe" and "electribe sampler". You may even use the term "new electribe", but please dont say EMX2 or ESX2. This makes things hyper-confusing. Very Happy (This is not meant to be that serious)

I am going to buy the new electribe, as I am no fan of sampling. I hope that the electribe has better preinstalled samples than the EMX. Those were, in my opinion, a bigger downfall than the monophony. They sounded very flat, you had to do a lot of tweaking and layering to get a decent sounding kick, for example.

I really, really hope that the electribe will be even more independent than the EMX. It would be that cool to have one machine which does (almost) every sound you want. I hope that it also will sound more "neutral". I am saying "neutral" because the EMX had a very own sound. It is hard to hide that you are using an EMX.
Tom 62

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand the few specs correctly, the Electribe Sampler has also polyphonic tracks and a modelled synth engine on board. Maybe this feature makes the Sampler more attractive for me. Before I decide I want to compare the final specs and manuals of both machines. In the meantime I'll save for both machines Very Happy
brambos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I buy one, it's going to be the Electribe (not the Sampler). I already own an ESX which I love to bits, and I have no intention of replacing it yet. The new Electribe could very well be a nice complementary device though...
jiggityj

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More interested in the synth version. Quick question for the synth version... what's the 1/8" audio input for? Probably just a thru-in.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, and you can probably gate it with the onboard sequencer. Also I'm sure you can apply the filter and effects to it.
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivander12 wrote:
Please stick to Korg's terms, "electribe" and "electribe sampler". You may even use the term "new electribe", but please dont say EMX2 or ESX2. This makes things hyper-confusing. Very Happy (This is not meant to be that serious)

Hyper confusing?-how so?- Most of the shops in the UK have them up on the web for pre-order calling them EMX2 & ESX2 as a quick search will show (I don't think they will be anticipating any problems). Since the whole lot of them are called 'electribe' in their title- this distinction to me seems valid and helpful...... besides- it's often nice to remember your parents Smile
Olivander12

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robosardine wrote:
Olivander12 wrote:

Hyper confusing?-how so?- Most of the shops in the UK have them up on the web for pre-order calling them EMX2 & ESX2 as a quick search will show (I don't think they will be anticipating any problems). Since the whole lot of them are called 'electribe' in their title- this distinction to me seems valid and helpful...... besides- it's often nice to remember your parents Smile

I understand your point, but if you take it correctly, there is only one unit called "electribe". So by saying "electribe", you adress one unit (theoretically)
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my opinion these were poor and very uninspiring choices for names. now when you say electribe, it will mean either the new units, or the general umbrella term for the whole lot of them.
TechnoMusic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've pre ordered both new electribes, looking at the specs and how these boxes operate I have a feeling that the EMX2 will actually end up being the more powerful box of the two since it has way more synthesis parameters and in this iteration of the EMX the drum samples can be fed through the synthesis filters (a major weakness of the EMX1 in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to receiving mine, deleting all the factory patterns and seeing what the box can actually do other than cheesy dance Smile
Buska

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TechnoMusic wrote:
I've pre ordered both new electribes, looking at the specs and how these boxes operate I have a feeling that the EMX2 will actually end up being the more powerful box of the two since it has way more synthesis parameters and in this iteration of the EMX the drum samples can be fed through the synthesis filters (a major weakness of the EMX1 in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to receiving mine, deleting all the factory patterns and seeing what the box can actually do other than cheesy dance Smile

I have the synth one preordered and a volca sample too. Going to use the volca sample as a drum module synced with it..
Looks like i will be able to have the output of the volca sample input into the elctribe and processed by the fx if sonicstate interview is acurate
jiggityj

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jiggityj wrote:
More interested in the synth version.

Skratch that, I'm skipping the synth and holding out for the sampler. Definitely want to use a lot of my holy breaks and use them on a tall mountain if need be. Judging by the size of these machines, I'm not looking to have 2. They're not too big, but 2 can fill up space quick.

If you're reading this Korg, please make sure to include mute groups like an MPC.
Tom 62

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about this topic the more I'll prefer the sampler unit. But only if polyphonic tracks are able to control external stuff via MIDI. Electribe Sampler plus Microkorg plus Waldorf Streichfett would be a compact but powerful electronica setup and exactly my cup of tea Very Happy
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be getting both, but if I were to choose just one, it would be the synth version. Very cool audio input is now stereo!
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I will eventually get both...I plan to be a completest in this round of Korg Gear...so glad I held off on the Volca Bass purchase.

Anyhow I can only have one at a time and for the first one I think I'll get the Sampler first. With well made samplers you have the most control over making your own sounds. Plus the sampler comes with it's own set of sounds which can be resampled and remade how ever you want.

The fact there is some form of a synth engine is promising but I am thinking it is more for a serious amount of sampling effects than being internal synth sounds (would love to be wrong about this).

I think what I am most interested in is how well it samples. The MIcroSampler abate its limitations is a really damn good sampler. It would be nice if all of the sampling feature in the Micro Sampler are in the new Electribe Sampler. I am not Holding my breath.

So Based on what I know now It's going to be the sampler first. But we will see.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: