Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MR-1000 Disk Upgrade/Replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeRivers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: MR-1000 Disk Upgrade/Replacement Reply with quote

A few years back there was a short thread from someone who replaced the drive with an SSD, but made a point of not providing any details "in case there's a market for it."

I've given some thought to that heart transplant myself but not sure if what's avaiable now can be adapted. Every SSD I've seen has been the 2.5" (laptop) form factor and uses a common SATA interface, neither of which are compatible with the MR-1000.

When my recorder was new, I asked Korg about replacing the drive with a larger one at some point and they said I couldn't do it myself, that it would need to go back to the factory (and they hadn't tested any larger drives yet anyway). Anyone know what that's about? Is the operating system on the disk drive so it needs to be loaded from an image?

I don't know why other than it's the way I'd do it, and that it starts up mighty quick, but I assumed that the software was actually firmware on an EPROM and that's what gets updated, not the hard drive, when there's a system update (which I don't expect to ever see another one of).

Useful info relating to the MR-1000 disk drive would be appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: