Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Complete newbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srg914

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Complete newbie Reply with quote

I've got a Korg M50 and Sonar X3. I've played around a little, and have read dozens of posts and how-to videos...but I am truly lost. Can someone, anyone, give me a primer on the correct way to set this up. M50 should be in seq mode? I can record and playback the M50's instruments by selecting them from the M50, one track per one MIDI channel, this is like using the M50's sequencer. I can also record and playback instruments plug ins from Sonar (don't have M50 instrument definitions. I have a .ins file someone posted but can't figure out how to install/use it) I can use the plug ins that came with Sonar. I can't do both together. And it seems doing it this way limits me to only 16 tracks. One track for each MIDI channel. Shouldn't I be able to record more than 16 tracks? Sorry if I appear dense, but this stuff just doesn't come easy to me. I'd gladly pay someone who was experienced to sit down with me for a day and get me through these issues so I can make music instead of struggling to figure this stuff out. Thanks for any and all replies.
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried seq mode and or googled for the sonar | cakewalk forum to any m50 related resolve for this ... problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: