Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi and triton simotaneously

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juliomartinez_7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Midi and triton simotaneously Reply with quote

Is it possible to use a triton midi out into a midi keyboard? For example can I use a triton as the brain for a midi keyboard. Like if I put it in Combi mode and made an extension keyboard of 86+ keys using the midi keyboard. Sorry if it sounds complicated. I am just curious to not have to buy another keyboard for space and instead by and midi keyboard to incorporate with my Triton.
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able toe extend your range with a second keyboard as long as it is set up to send the note/on off for the lower octaves.

That's just a case of running a MIDI OUT of the controller board to the MIDI IN of your triton, which I'm guessing is a 61 key board.

Do be aware that playing the same notes with both boards will probably result in a "hung" note as the note off message gets lost or garbled -- you want to make sure there is no overlap (or minimal) and that you keep the ranges played separate. The only cure for a hung note is to cycle power or buy a "panic button" black box.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
juliomartinez_7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Above solution is just to extend the board to your hypothetical 86+ keys.

For that you don't have to set up anything special. The program or combination will react properly to the incoming notes as if they were part of the triton's keyboard.

To have your midi controller play a sound different from what the triton's keyboard is playing is slightly more complex.

For that you'd need to set your midi controller's channel to 4 or higher; most preset combis use only 1, 2 and 3.

Then, within a combination, set up a matching channel [so, e.g., channel 4 on the controller and a track assigned to channel 4 within the combi) with the desired sound.

Same-note issues should not be a factor because all of the MIDI data stream is channel 4 - it hits only the voice you've set up and no others.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: