Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't connect Mac laptop to Kaoss Pro

View previous topic :: View next topic  
heathere2007

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:11 am    Post subject: Can't connect Mac laptop to Kaoss Pro Reply with quote

I've been jamming with a friend of mine for a while now, learning his Kaoss Pro. I have Logic and a Mac, and we tried without success last time to hook them up together, so that I could use Logic's sounds to loop within the Kaoss Pro. I tried it various ways - my headphone output into his mic input, headphone output into the RCA inputs, and my Mbox's RCA outs into his RCA ins. (Mbox connects via firewire to my laptop.) I know there's the mic/line input switch on the Kaoss, and I think we correctly set that too. We just couldn't get any sound at all - just a hiss, whether I was playing something pre-recorded in Logic, or live in Logic via my Oxygen 25 keyboard. Is there anything left to try, other than the quarter inch outputs on my Mbox?? The cables were all fine that we used. Frustrated!!

Thanks!
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi @heathere2007 ,are you still having trouble?
Have you checked the Direct/Send switch on back of KP? It's a small black one. Should be set to direct.
Have you checked you are definitely getting sound output from Mac? Try with headphones or monitor RCAs with another device. Is there a light showing on KP LED input.
Also, how are you monitoring the output of your KP?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mac Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: