Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

behringer fcb1010 foot controller
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: behringer fcb1010 foot controller Reply with quote

Is any one using a behringer fcb1010 foot controller with a pa3x, I'm interested with any ones finding using this controller I'm also interested in knowing also if you can assign one of the swell pedals on this foot controller to one of the joystick commands eg. Using my foot instead of my left hand when playing electric guitar as you would when adding the joystic expression ? A learning curve here for me ......+ if Roland fc-300 applicable to this post your comments also would be grateful....
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi D575

I used my FCB1010 to select various style elements, various PERFORMANCEs, volume of UPPER 1 and UPPER 2 (the 2 expression pedals) and at one stage one of the expression pedals to control the Rotary speed. The FBC's direct output to the PA3X's assignment pedal input means you can control the PA3X's assignment pedal from the FCB with needing an additional pedal - nice!!! Unfortunately some of the functions cannot be configured and this is where the Korg EC5 saves the day.

You can assign most PA functionality - PC/CC etc.. (except SYSEX) as long as you have the MIDI info - Korg is no longer supplying MIDI Implementation manuals so you can only go with what is in the reference manuals or gleaned from analysing MIDI data from the PA.

I haven't been using my FCB for a while (no particular reason - just been lazy in getting re-programmed to suit my current needs)....
so, I am in the process of re-programming my FCB (and also helping another forum member hopefully) but my USB-MIDI adapter cable is missing.

Don't forget that there is a great free PC editor for the FCB1010

If/when I get this all sorted out, I will be happy to explain what I've done and share the files (for the PC editor).

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for that I'll see if korg uk have some sort of MIDI Implementation manuals (information)
kgardner53

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Hi D575

I used my FCB1010 to select various style elements, various PERFORMANCEs, volume of UPPER 1 and UPPER 2 (the 2 expression pedals) and at one stage one of the expression pedals to control the Rotary speed. The FBC's direct output to the PA3X's assignment pedal input means you can control the PA3X's assignment pedal from the FCB with needing an additional pedal - nice!!! Unfortunately some of the functions cannot be configured and this is where the Korg EC5 saves the day.

You can assign most PA functionality - PC/CC etc.. (except SYSEX) as long as you have the MIDI info - Korg is no longer supplying MIDI Implementation manuals so you can only go with what is in the reference manuals or gleaned from analysing MIDI data from the PA.

I haven't been using my FCB for a while (no particular reason - just been lazy in getting re-programmed to suit my current needs)....
so, I am in the process of re-programming my FCB (and also helping another forum member hopefully) but my USB-MIDI adapter cable is missing.

Don't forget that there is a great free PC editor for the FCB1010

If/when I get this all sorted out, I will be happy to explain what I've done and share the files (for the PC editor).

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

Pete,

I have an FCB1010 and have got the new EPROM which has the stompbox function.

Does yours have the new EPROM?

I would like to learn as much as I can about your use of the FCB1010.

Kim
PA1X-Pro 2 units acquired in 2004 and became a forum member. Traded these in to get one PA3X-Pro-76 on July 25, 2014. Kurzweil PC88-MX (acq'd. 1995, stored), Korg EC-5 foot pedal switch,Roland DP-10 sustain pedals, Roland PK-5A dynamic MIDI 1 octave 13 pedal organ bass pedalboard, Behringer continuous control expression pedal. Kontact Komplete Ultimate 7, 8, 9, now 10 with Guitar Rig Controller Foot pedal board. Sonar Producer. MIDI controllers: Behringer FCB1010, Akai professional LPK25, M-Audio Axiom 49 MIDI controller , M-Audio Axiom 25 MIDI controller. 50+ years musical performance experience, Union Musician, Local 293, Hamilton.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kim

Didn't know about the UnO firmware option - reckon I might get it (Euro$24)

Do you know if there is soldering required or if the EPROM can be snapped in/out?

(EDIT: just read the manual...)

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
kgardner53

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put it in. No it is very roomy and easy to work on under the cover. Mine had a small dab of hot glue on the existing Eprom so I simply had to pry it away and it came off easily. From there it is a simple prong system so you just have to pull straight out and then make sure the new prongs are aimed correctly then gently insert. I didn't hot glue the new one in since there was IMO lots of grip with the prongs.
PA1X-Pro 2 units acquired in 2004 and became a forum member. Traded these in to get one PA3X-Pro-76 on July 25, 2014. Kurzweil PC88-MX (acq'd. 1995, stored), Korg EC-5 foot pedal switch,Roland DP-10 sustain pedals, Roland PK-5A dynamic MIDI 1 octave 13 pedal organ bass pedalboard, Behringer continuous control expression pedal. Kontact Komplete Ultimate 7, 8, 9, now 10 with Guitar Rig Controller Foot pedal board. Sonar Producer. MIDI controllers: Behringer FCB1010, Akai professional LPK25, M-Audio Axiom 49 MIDI controller , M-Audio Axiom 25 MIDI controller. 50+ years musical performance experience, Union Musician, Local 293, Hamilton.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Just spent an hour or so dusting my FCB1010 and reprogramming it.
I set it up quickly with some various functions so that I could get the details to you.
I have it set up for my PA3X to do this:-

Expr pedal 1 is volume for UPPER 1
Expr pedal 2 is volume for UPPER 2

Bank 0 pedals include all FILLs INTROs 1 & 2 & 3 and ENDINGs 1 & 3
Bank 1 pedals include various PERFORMANCEs and operation of the switch feature

It's past midnight so I'll finish this off and get it to you in the next couple of days.

In the meantime, please download the PC editor as I will be providing you with the EDITOR file to load, then you can transmit it to your FCB and try it out.
The Editor is an absolute MUST have - and it's FREE!!!! Get it from here:-
http://host.mtnsys.com:81/faq-fcb/PCEditorBeta.htm

Make sure you have a suitable MIDI adapter cable (mine is a basic M-Audio model - WIN7 configures it without any hassle). To get the pedal to talk to to the editor you must connect both MIDI IN and OUT cables.

Must get some sleep - will get back to you soon. I am attending a drum clinic by Chris Coleman tomorrow after work so I apologise that I won't finish this until Friday night but I promise I'll do it. I am also thinking of creating a tutorial if I can find time.

Cheers for now

Pete Very Happy
kgardner53

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great.

I have the editor and another one I paid for as well.

My misunderstood was what it takes, in effect for the FCB1010 to function like a supercharged EC5 that had two expression pedals
not to mention also had a rather speedy change-over to a different set of uses for the pedals using all of the 100 presets.
I thought, maybe wrongly that the four functional foot pedals were not like the EC5 in functionality but you talk as if they can.
It seems rather odd that Berringer, who produce many products in our industry should make such a confusing set of very valuable midi controller pedals.
Rome wasn't built in a day!
I think there are many forum members who would be able to pick up a FCB1010 set of pedals fairly inexpensively from a frustrated user who gave up on the FCB1010
and could get very good value with flexibility and rugged construction. The fact is that some caring individual would have to leave a trail of crumbs so that those who come behind can
actually make them work to their full potential.

Pete, what I am clumsily trying to say is that there are more people than you might think who would benefit from some clear instructions for the FCB1010 and I for one would make a financial contribution toward that effort. IN other my words, I would pay you for the file of instructions.... that actually work for PA3X. That from a user who has a Berringer expression pedal and an EC5.

RE the UnO Eprom... while it cleans up some of the deficiencies of the factory Eprom it can still function as the original did but without the bugs.

Quote:
Welcome to UnO!

UnO stands for "UnOfficial" firmware update for the Behringer FCB1010.

The Behringer FCB1010 floorboard is one nice piece of MIDI hardware for its price. Unfortunately, its firmware contains a few nasty bugs, and it doesn’t look like the manufacturer is planning to do anything about that. Therefore, I decided to solve those bugs on my unit, and at the same time add some interesting extras.

"Sounds good, tell me more"

Below is a quick summary of the benefits UnO brings. Please see the PDFcomparison sheet for more, then feel free to download the firmware or order a chip.

A real stompbox mode!
More flexible programming of stomps and momentary effects
Much easier to do patchdumps from PC
Several bugs fixed

quoted from http://www.ossandust.be/
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work could I have the details as well would be a great help.......
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all - here goes....
This is just a starting point - purely to give you some pedal configurations to try and get started - you should be able to use these configurations to figure out others and try your own BUT I will explain in detail a little more later on....

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WILL OVERWRITE ALL CURRENT FCB PEDAL CONFIGURATIONS

1 Download my FCB pedal configuration file:-
    2 http://www.mediafire.com/download/wg6borsspd3arz0/FCB_20141006.syx
    3 Ok guys - this is a quick start for you to check it all out:-
    4 Download and install the FCB1010 PC editor
    5 http://host.mtnsys.com:81/faq-fcb/Downloads/FCB1010PcEditorInstall.zip
    6 Make sure you have a MIDI-to-PC adapter cable
    7 Connect the MIDI adapter cable to your PC - connect BOTH MIDI IN & OUT cables to your FCB - leave FCB POWERED OFF.
    8 Run the editor and configure the MIDI IN & OUT devices (MIDI I/O tab at top of window) - your "MIDI cable device" should show up in the pull down list.
    9 Copy my example file to your PC (probably already there from the download above) (FCB_20141006.syx)
    10 At bottom of screen press "Read SysEx" button - this will open a window for you to select my file (FCB_20141006.syx) - load it
    11 You now need to transfer these settings to your FCB
    12 Press the "Transmit SysEx" button and follow the pop-up instructions
    13 The instructions should read:-
    14 On FCB, hold down the "Down" pedal and then power on - keep holding down until the green LED lights up under "Direct Select"
    15 Press the "Up" pedal twice - the LED will shift 2 places to the right under "Config"
    16 Now press the "7" pedal and you are ready to receive the SYSEX data from the PC
    17 Press "OK" on the Editor screen pop-up
    18 This will take a few seconds
    19 IMPORTANT YOU MUST NOW PRESS THE "UP" PEDAL ONCE - LED will move back.
    20 YOU MUST NOW PRESS AND HOLD THE "DOWN" PEDAL AND WATCH THE FCB LED which will countdown - wait until it finishes the countdown.
    21 The PC editor configuration is now on your pedal
    22 Power off the FCB and go try it on your PA3X.
    23 You only need to connect a singe MIDI cable from MIDI OUT (FCB) to MIDI IN (PA3X)
    24 To get these functions to work you need to set the MIDI IN channel 6 to "Control" in GLOBAL MIDI config - note that the expression pedals are set to channels 4 and 5 (for UPPER1 and UPPER2)
    25 There was no particular reason I chose MIDI channel 6 as the "control channel" - your choice but this must be changed in the editor to match and of course, re-transmitted to the FCB.
    26 This is really to just get you going.
    27 I will explain the PC Editor settings next but you may be able to figure some of this out yourself now.

This should work - please let me know if you have problems (I may have missed something out).

(Note: help file - http://host.mtnsys.com:81/faq-fcb/Downloads/FCB1010.HLP )

Pete Very Happy
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic, thank you much appreciated .
tkpopeye

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete...

Thanks for the detailed instructions. However, still no success! All of your instructions make sense to me though. I did everything but it's not controlling my KORG PA500. I had copied your program, made a few minor modifications, set the MIDI IN Channel "6" to "Control", as well as "4" & "5" channels to be sure. I had noticed some other controls on those channels but I didn't think that having these assigned to control, would matter. But I don't remember if I tried it with just Channel "6" being the "Control". Either way, it doesn't work!

When depressing the buttons/pedals on the FCB, would they automatically go out (as they do on the PA500) once the fills, breaks, etc are done???? Also, I know that you have a PA3X and mine is only a PA500, but they are very similar (although I'd definitely rather the PA3X Laughing ). Either way, am I missing something else after this.

I have only assigned the First (#00) bank since I ONLY want to use this pedal to control the fills, breaks, variations, etc. But I can't get it to do that.

PLEASE HELP!!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check out the PA500 manual and see if I can help.

Will get back to you

Very Happy
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkpopeye wrote:
However, still no success! All of your instructions make sense to me though. I did everything but it's not controlling my KORG PA500.

Maybe you did not connect Midi-Out of PC with Midi-In of FCB1010. That was easy to do with two 5pin-cables but using USB-to-MIDI seems to be confusing.

Simply connect Midi-IN of your USB-Adapter with Midi-Out of your FCB1010 and connect Midi-Out of your USB-Adapter with Midi-In of FB1010.

Surely it makes more sense to connect a MIDI-IN jack to another MIDI-IN jack, as both are labeled MIDI-IN. Same goes for MIDI-OUT to MIDI-OUT.

This way makes no sense, as you want Midi-Data to go out of your PC to out of your FCB1010 - so data never will arrive.

Think of MIDI data as “flowing” in the same way that audio signals “flow” through your audio system - connect In with Out and connect Out with In (soundmodul out - amplifier in, amplifier out - speaker in)

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
francopiano

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject: i need help Reply with quote

Hi to all, i need help for configure the fcb1010 whit my pa4x, i try to use pc software but without solve, surely i wrong something ...but what?
Karmathenever, i try to download your setup syx file, but link maybe is closed, can you send to me this file? maybe if i can examination well how you set it i can solve my problem.
Thank you in advance

P.S. sorry for my poor english Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: