Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MS20 Kit momentary switch doesn't work

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LivePsy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: MS20 Kit momentary switch doesn't work Reply with quote

I assembled the MS-20 kit with care but the momentary switch out doesn't work. The original circuit diagram shows it is just a shorting switch with no electronics at all. But there is a slight voltage from the momentary out on the front panel, which does not change when pressing the switch.

The exposed switch pins underneath the switch work fine and there is no voltage there. Anyone else had this? If that is all that is wrong with it, I'd rather just use an external footswitch rather than send it in for servicing. But if there's an easy fix I'd try it myself.

B
genshi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: MS20 Kit momentary switch doesn't work Reply with quote

LivePsy wrote:
I assembled the MS-20 kit with care but the momentary switch out doesn't work. The original circuit diagram shows it is just a shorting switch with no electronics at all. But there is a slight voltage from the momentary out on the front panel, which does not change when pressing the switch.

The exposed switch pins underneath the switch work fine and there is no voltage there. Anyone else had this? If that is all that is wrong with it, I'd rather just use an external footswitch rather than send it in for servicing. But if there's an easy fix I'd try it myself.

B

Can you take a picture of how you have it patched on the front panel? Or what you are trying to use the switch to affect?
LivePsy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 minutes to test, 2 hours to get photos up!

I'm testing the button by triggering the Env1 to control the LPF (self-oscillating so I can clearly hear it). First pic is a simple patch on the left panel. Second pic is the LFO triggering Env1 and causing the filter oscillation to sweep. Third pic is patching the button to trigger Env1. It does nothing in my case. Does it work for anyone else?

---
Self-oscillating filter, pitch driven by Env1

---
Env1 triggered by LFO. THis works fine.

---
Env1 triggered by button, this does not work on my MS-20 Kit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: