Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos X has been ceased production?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peterso

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:01 am    Post subject: Kronos X has been ceased production? Reply with quote

I am a HK Customer who are interested in Kronos X. However, I have just been told from the dealer of my place that this product has ceased production so no maintenance support will be provided. I would like to know if this is true and if it really is, when will the new model be launched. Thanks
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have just been told from the dealer of my place that this product has ceased production so no maintenance support will be provided.

Sounds like he wants to sell you a Yamaha....
To get a more accurate status I would contact your country's Korg distributor - don't rely on retailer sales-folk.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Synthmaestro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to most suppliers both the Kronos and Kronos X are now discontinued. This was Korgs reply when I asked them about it: "We currently have no stock but will confirm the position by mid November 2014".

Whether or not that means that they will have new electronic parts to build more of the Kronos or they may let us know if they are going to be releasing anything new at Winter NAMM.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can honestly say if they dump the Kronos, which i am thrilled to have, I doubt seriously I would buy the next device. I sure hope they work with Kronos and make upgrades available in hardware, that would earn my brand loyalty. I was tossed up on Korg or Nord so for me a switch to software and Nord would be easy. I would certainly keep my Kronos alive as long as possible but I sure hope we have many more years with our beloved machines in production!
Synthmaestro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree with that. I would put my money on the Kronos being updated again for a new release. It depends on how much advance warning they were given about the unavailability of parts.

The Trition series was kept running for sometime so I hope they make the Kronos the new Triton series and keep it going for sometime! If a new workstation comes out and it is not as good as the Kronos then I will be thinking about going to Nord who will no doubt have a Nord Stage 3 coming out this NAAM.
pagey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the way life is I'm afraid. With the advances in technology we see nowadays it's inevitable the Kronos will be superceeded at some point. No different to the latest phone or game consoles.
It's what you make of it that counts.
I for one don't think i'll ever need another keyboard (short of mine breaking outside of the extended warranty, being stolen, a meteor strike etc..)
But I agree, I hope they continue to support the Kronos for a good few years yet.
Can it really get much better???

Korg Kronos61, Triton Extreme 61, M50
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pagey wrote:
Can it really get much better???

It definitely can, IMHO.

* Getting rid of 2 minute startup time would be a tremendous achievement. Do it in less than 30 sec and it's golden. This is not impossible to achieve!
* 64-bit OS so that more than 3.25 GB of RAM can be allocated.
* More CPU power, more synth engines, more FX slots, more everything Smile
* Finally implement more than two "oscs" per program, merging the articulation tech from PA series arrangers for even more detailed acoustic sounds (currently Yamaha has the upper hand in this).
* Endless rotaries with LED rings instead of knobs, sliders with LED ladders.
* GLOBAL TRANSPOSE AND OCTAVE BUTTONS (simple thing, I know, but immensely useful)
* Bigger capacitive touchscreen display (so that buttons and checkboxes are bigger and easier to click on, plus multitouch etc.)
etc. etc.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon, Yes Yes and Yes to all of that and let's not forget a few tweaks to the sequencer!
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
let's not forget a few tweaks to the sequencer!

I do not believe that Korg will ever update the sequencer. They are playing a game with us Smile
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can dream, but I guess I really don't care. I just use logic. Wink
ahutnick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another question which is related to this. If I were to buy a Kronos X brand new with warranty and the motherboard fails before the warranty expires{granted the motherboard shouldn't fail before the warranty expires but you never know] Obviously Korg would be legally obliged to replace it in this case but what would happen if they had no spare motherboards to replace it with?
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it a generic motherboard, seems likely they can just switch to another newer version, like what one does when the computer MB goes bad. Get a newer one.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geoelectro wrote:
Since it a generic motherboard, seems likely they can just switch to another newer version, like what one does when the computer MB goes bad. Get a newer one.

Geo

...which is exactly what Korg did when the original KRONOS motherboard was discontinued by Intel...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: