Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Volca Series Mixer/Loopstation routing question(s)..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
todtechno

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Korg Volca Series Mixer/Loopstation routing question(s).. Reply with quote

I am building a live set up with the korg volca series. My question is regarding the routing of the volcas through a Mackie Mixer8 into a boss rc-505 loopstation and back out through the mixer into the main speakers/monitors. My goal is to be able to preview the sounds from the Volcas before they even go into the mix (where i can then potentially send them to the loopstation.) As I currently have it, my korgs all run into their own channels(for EQing), from there they run to the loopstation input from the Aux Send. After looping/effecting in the loopstation, the loops return back to the mixer via the Aux Return and from there onto the speakers from the Main Out. I plan on having (the ability) to add a second set of monitors via the CR Out.

How do I go about routing all of this so I can preview the sounds before they come into the mix?

I am new at using analogue gear Embarassed and would appreciate advise if this routing seems illogical. I have included a photo and would appreciate feedback. I am also wondering if/how I should use the in/out below in the Tape sectoin.

Thanks in advance!

http://i.imgur.com/yvAWIoh.jpg
analoguekid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you may be able to get away with doing something like this using a cross fader mixer such as the ones beat matching DJ's use so you can listen to the one source through the headphones before bringing it into the live mix. Only downfall I can see with this is that all the sound sources that you want to prevue would have to be pre mixed on another sub mixer before going into the cross fader mixer.

I can remember playing live with a guitarist and he needed a drum track to play to for his tempo to start tracks that had no drumming at the start. I had a second mixer with the drum machine going through it, it had an independent master output fader and an headphone fader, so one or both could be turned up, he then listened to the drums via the headphones which was turned up and with the master fader turned down so nothing was going to the house mixer from it, I then turned the master up when the drums had to be heard in the main mix Smile

This may work for you too, at the end of the day its all about how much sound you want to keep "secret" before unleashing it on the audience Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: