Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe2 petition for 8 bars , IFX fix, and FLUX mode
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Glitchcraft, i don't think anyone here is totally dismissing the idea of a few improvements really. There's nothing to stop you or anyone else persueing that.

It's just quite soon to be demanding roles on a unit while we're all still waiting for it to ship. I respect your view but i'm too buzzed & gassed about the unit as it stands to be demanding more from it just yet. If it turns out to be not very intuitive or if it's too limited i'll be chasing the same things perhaps but until i've spent some time with it i'm sitting on the fence. Good luck man.
Glitchcraft

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still want 8 bars, free running LFO's, micro timing, FLUX mode and insert effects to be able to be used with the pad with the lag/gap to be fixed and it will be THE perfect groovebox IMHO. It can't hurt to ask or have these feature implemented it will only ADD to the functionality of the box.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you think should be addressed first?

imho (in order of importance):

1. GAP
2. FLUX
3. Free running LFOs
4. inserts controlled by pad

I didn't include microtiming because I've not heard that term before. I think you might have mentioned in on another thread. By that do you mean extending the quantization from 16ths to 32nds so you can insert additional notes/hits?

Also, and obviously, I could see 8bars being very important (in certain situations and/or for certain musicians) but I don't think that's going to be implemented. Wouldn't that mean additional cpu power plus storage? It might be limited by hardware power. But if there's a way to firmware it, then by all means! - eg maybe you give up some pattern storage space in exchange for patterns with 8 bars? If its doable I will rank it 2nd.
bingkingbo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject: support!! Reply with quote

support! we all want a good update just like Tempest did. make the machine more useful, collect online signatures and request, listen to the user/buyer's voices.
Tom 62

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glitchcraft wrote:
I still want 8 bars, free running LFO's, micro timing, FLUX mode and insert effects to be able to be used with the pad with the lag/gap to be fixed and it will be THE perfect groovebox IMHO.

Regarding to the japanese parameter guide, the LFO presets 25 - 30 and 61 - 72 are already free running ones.
Glitchcraft

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom 62 wrote:
Glitchcraft wrote:
I still want 8 bars, free running LFO's, micro timing, FLUX mode and insert effects to be able to be used with the pad with the lag/gap to be fixed and it will be THE perfect groovebox IMHO.

Regarding to the japanese parameter guide, the LFO presets 25 - 30 and 61 - 72 are already free running ones.

Wow thanks I missed that! Scratch one request off the list.
markxl1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every synth or groovebox I have ever bought has had O.S. upgrades......
I just know I'm going to do some serious damage with this.
Glitchcraft has answered one of the questions I asked someone else a few weeks back about not being able to modulate IFX on the X/Y pad - so thanks for that.
That would be my no.1 request Very Happy
L551

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 bars! Would be so easy to do for example with shift-1/2/3/4. For more melodic stuff it's a must.
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, i'll cave in & support any petition. The 8 bar thing i like the idea of, the fx should deffo not cut off & any shift/routing to lfo's i could go for. Also i think more than one insert fx per part & more than one edit parameter for them.
MSix_Anthony

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow I doubt that Korg will extend the bar count to 8. It is quite clear that one of their main goals with this electribe was the workflow and immediate access to all main features. They've already built the unit with 4 buttons for bar selection, each of them with two LEDs to display the bar that you're editing and the bar that is playing. If they add 4 more bars, they'll be forced to change this display system and inevitably make it less obvious.

But I see a compromise option which might be to some extent even more interesting than having 8 bars. On the new electribe you can set different sequence lengths for different parts using the "last step" feature. At the same time, the note value of a sequencer step (e.g. 1/16, 1/32, etc.) is set globally. Now what if Korg could make this sequencer step note value a per-part parameter?

Then for the drum parts you could set a sequencer step equal to 1/16 note and get your standard 4 bar sequence. For the chords part you could set the step to 1/8 note and trade rhythmic complexity for twice as many bars. Set note value to a quarter note - and you get 16 bars for this part. You could also have some parts set to triplets, etc.

This way each part will still use only 4 pages of 16 steps, but you will get a lot of flexibility in terms of how you want to use these steps. It will be a case of balancing the rhythmic detail versus the bar count, but I would prefer this to just having 4 extra bars.
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If having a longer pattern length isn't possible, one thing I would like to see is an option to double the speed of the SYNC OUT jack. For example: you want to program a pattern at half tempo (60 BMP) to create a longer pattern, but then the SYNC OUT jack will actually trigger devices at 120 BMP. This would work perfect with the Volcas.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fix the Insert effect pattern change Glitch / pop first and foremost!!!!
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music

Last edited by SMK on Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote is get the insert effect cut off glitch during pattern switching (whats mistakenly called a gap) fixed...first and foremost. I really hope Korg puts this at the top of their list. Actually I am hoping that they are working on it right now, in time for a firmware update for the Dec 18th release of the tribe.

Out of the mounting demands that will fill up the thread, this glitch or "pop" sound you will hear during pattern change must be top priority.

The other stuff...I hate to say it, but, compared to hearing popping sounds during pattern changes; 8 bars, floating LFO, xy pad control over insert effects are really "nice to haves".

The glitch is something that may not be an easy fix. I recommend that we let Korg focus their attention on this one issue since this greatly affects the high quality of the sound they are trying to promote in their gear.

I guess I am pointing this out because it would really suck if Korg had to spend all this extra time on these other "not-so-critical" updates to release a fuller firmware update just to get the most important one fixed; that being the sound.

Just a thought gals and guys.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the opposite now, i'd rather see a 64th note option as a 4 bar/8 bar compromise & i don't care about the fx cut off at all. More synth routing options would be well recieved, can't have too many options.

With all that said though i still havn't tried the unit yet so it could all be just hot air.
markxl1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

18th DECEMBER UK RELEASE !!!! Are you sure? I hope mine comes in the next day or so Sad
SMK wrote:
My vote is get the insert effect cut off glitch during pattern switching (whats mistakenly called a gap) fixed...first and foremost. I really hope Korg puts this at the top of their list. Actually I am hoping that they are working on it right now, in time for a firmware update for the Dec 18th release of the tribe.

Out of the mounting demands that will fill up the thread, this glitch or "pop" sound you will hear during pattern change must be top priority.

The other stuff...I hate to say it, but, compared to hearing popping sounds during pattern changes; 8 bars, floating LFO, xy pad control over insert effects are really "nice to haves".

The glitch is something that may not be an easy fix. I recommend that we let Korg focus their attention on this one issue since this greatly affects the high quality of the sound they are trying to promote in their gear.

I guess I am pointing this out because it would really suck if Korg had to spend all this extra time on these other "not-so-critical" updates to release a fuller firmware update just to get the most important one fixed; that being the sound.

Just a thought gals and guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: