Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe2 petition for 8 bars , IFX fix, and FLUX mode
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:

I guess I am pointing this out because it would really suck if Korg had to spend all this extra time on these other "not-so-critical" updates to release a fuller firmware update just to get the most important one fixed; that being the sound.

Just a thought gals and guys.

I agree. I'm really excited about getting a new electribe, but that fx cutoff is nagging at the back of my mind. I'm not sure it can be sorted out completely, as i'm guessing resetting potentially 16 effects all at the same time takes some considerable CPU horsepower. I'm hoping the situation can be improved and that it is Korg's priority to do so (any word from Korg on the subject?). The other demands on the list, let's see what can be done with the thing as it is!!

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
Glitchcraft

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man after using it for a week this thing is super dope! The more and more I use it the better it gets. Velocity works great on it and all the arp patterns and gates have been bringing new life into some of my old synths. I have also been taking it with me and on my lunch break pull it out and make music with it and that is really fun. Anyways still want the 8 bars and IFX fix. You all are going to love it just wait! Very Happy
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice...glad you're digging it! I just reserved one yesterday, hoping to have it mid December...

if you discover anything else interesting or cool, do let us know.

QUestion, which filter models do you like the best thus far?
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glitchcraft wrote:
Man after using it for a week this thing is super dope! The more and more I use it the better it gets. Velocity works great on it and all the arp patterns and gates have been bringing new life into some of my old synths. I have also been taking it with me and on my lunch break pull it out and make music with it and that is really fun. Anyways still want the 8 bars and IFX fix. You all are going to love it just wait! Very Happy

So glad to read that you have a better perspective on the Electribe 2.

I plan to use the gates to do the same for my MicroSampler, that is until the Electribe Sampler comes out Wink

Have you tried controlling the new tribe with external controllers yet?
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Glitchcraft

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man not having the 8 bars is really stopping me from being able to record long synth parts. Please, please please fix this it is driving me crazy!
Olivander12

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glitchcraft wrote:
Man not having the 8 bars is really stopping me from being able to record long synth parts. Please, please please fix this it is driving me crazy!

You posted this in every single thread, I think everybody knows that you prefer 8 bars instead of 4. Personally, I am all fine with 4 bars unless the sound is good. This is what counts
Tom 62

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivander12 wrote:
Glitchcraft wrote:

You posted this in every single thread, I think everybody knows that you prefer 8 bars instead of 4. Personally, I am all fine with 4 bars unless the sound is good. This is what counts

This stupid decision by Korg can not be discussed often enough. It is also noticeable that a lot of the factory patterns were produced at half BPM.
Olivander12

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom 62 wrote:
Olivander12 wrote:
Glitchcraft wrote:

This stupid decision by Korg can not be discussed often enough. It is also noticeable that a lot of the factory patterns were produced at half BPM.

Why should that be stupid? Do you think Korg did not think about that the decision? I doubt that. Four patterns are the standard in edm, most track are based on loops of lenght between 1 to 4 bars. If you need more bars, then you should simply not buy it to utter your protest. If you buy it, it is senseless to say, that 8 bars are not enough for you.
MatGreGor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New petition.

- Add the ability to copy one sound from one pattern to another.

I tink this is easy to make.
Korg Electribe 2
L551

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivander12 wrote:
Why should that be stupid? Do you think Korg did not think about that the decision? I doubt that. Four patterns are the standard in edm, most track are based on loops of lenght between 1 to 4 bars.

It's so stupid it's amazing. People are used to having 8 bars with previous electribes and it would have been easy to implement. Korg obviously doesn't get that people use these machines for a lot of other things than shitty EDM. The amount of whining about 4 bars in the internet should wake them up and fix that in an update, but I don't know if Korg is one of those companies that actually listens to their customers.
Olivander12

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

L551 wrote:
Olivander12 wrote:
Why should that be stupid? Do you think Korg did not think about that the decision? I doubt that. Four patterns are the standard in edm, most track are based on loops of lenght between 1 to 4 bars.

It's so stupid it's amazing. People are used to having 8 bars with previous electribes and it would have been easy to implement. Korg obviously doesn't get that people use these machines for a lot of other things than shitty EDM. The amount of whining about 4 bars in the internet should wake them up and fix that in an update, but I don't know if Korg is one of those companies that actually listens to their customers.

Korg released a new electribe with polyphony and an integrated Kaoss pad. This it what a lot of people wanted! It also features Ableton support, which dozends of EMX user are using. Korg is defiently listening to customers.
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

L551 wrote:

The amount of whining about 4 bars in the internet should wake them up and fix that in an update, but I don't know if Korg is one of those companies that actually listens to their customers.

Korg will add 4 bars via firmware as soon as they're finished drilling an extra 4 holes, fitting new backlit rubber buttons, and soldering 4 more bar switches to all the PCBs, and soldering additional flash storage to the internal memory bus.

Last edited by Ted3000 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glitchcraft

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
L551 wrote:

The amount of whining about 4 bars in the internet should wake them up and fix that in an update, but I don't know if Korg is one of those companies that actually listens to their customers.

Korg will add 4 bars via firmware as soon as they're finished drilling an extra 4 holes, fitting new backlit rubber buttons, and soldering 4 more bar switches to all the PCBs, and soldering additional flash storage to the internal memory bus.[/img]

DSI had no problem doing it.
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glitchcraft wrote:

DSI had no problem doing it.

What I'm saying is that the 4-bar structure is baked into the physical UI. There are 4 bar buttons: 1,2, 3 and 4.

There is probably just enough pattern storage memory to account for every available pattern filling 4 bars.

So 8 bars would not only break the user interface (now you would need to menu dive or fiddle with shifts that don't have a screen printed legend), it would also double the memory that each pattern needs.

And to implement an off-grid flux mode would increase the storage and DSP needs exponentially.

Firmware can only implement so much, unless the unit contains way more power and memory than needed. Usually there's only a little more to account for fixes and new simple features.
Buska

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging by the gap issue (from what people think is a cpu issue) the likelihood of the CPU doing 8bars is low.

But the original mini kaossilator had a hidden boot mode that doubled the pattern length.. It would be awesome if korg would update the tribe with a similar mode for those who really want to use it.

I find it blatant that the presets are half time, mista Bishi having to use delays to create drum fills because the quantize resolution was too large at half tempi to program them manually Sad give us 128 and 64 resolution quantize too!!

How are we going to make trippy offbeat drums if there is only 32 step quantize and no manual step shift parameter?

Truely baffling design decisions from korg here Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: