Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tune your KRONOS to 432hz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is at best a new wave movement frontet by wierd guys on yogamats

Something worth considering, in the West the popular prescription for dealing with medical conditions such as stress and so on would be to take a drug. In the East you would be more likely sitting on a Yoga mat finding inner peace or having acupuncture to correct the energy flow in your body.

Both methods of Medicare are scientifically proven to work and because of this there is a large divide in Eastern and Western mainstream medical research.

So a guy on a yoga mat maybe right.

Regards
Sharp.
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Sharp. Popular stress therapy in Western science also involves trying to relieve pressure from work or whatever and trying to make time for yourself. There is no scientific basis for acupuncture at all. Moreover, it is based on ancient (pre-scientific) Chinese philosophy. Hypothesis, testing and analysis doesn't come into it. That's why it's still considered alternative medicine. More power to you if it helps you, but it's not the right analogy to convince us of this. As for your shapes in water example, try a different size tank and watch how the patterns suddenly work at 440Hz and not at 432.
Yuma
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really want and try, you can repetitively find any kind of number back in nature.
The harder you look for something, the bigger the chance you're actually finding what you're looking for.

I'm with Sander on this one. Take a different size of water tank and the optimal frequency to create "nice" patterns changes as well.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuma wrote:
If you really want and try, you can repetitively find any kind of number back in nature.
The harder you look for something, the bigger the chance you're actually finding what you're looking for.

Exactly what I said a few pages ago. Wink
Yuma
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I guess I missed your post. It's a commonly known thing though, so I'm not surprised we typed the same thing. Smile
AMR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want peace of mind, just pitch shift all your stuff to 8 hz below and enjoy it in slightly lower frequency.

To take this all seriously, you'd have to make the tempo a submultiple of 432, and all intervals between notes "pure", lets say, in A minor or major scale (which our current scale isn't).

And finally, nothing in your listening environment should create delay, reverb which in turn would create phasing, comb-filtering and beats or whatever that resonate mathematically off the pure (sub)multiple frequencies.

What we perceive as "music" is the diferences we perceive along a time arrow pertaining to a reference which can be set anywhere. All music toned down or slowed down is perceived as more mellow and warm than it's high pitch counterpart. The same happens if you change from 432 to slightly lower. Just like moving your hands from a 20 degrees to a 22 degrees water... or 24 to 26...

Not saying 432 Hz based scale has or hasn't any special resonance, but it's not as far as music is related, it only would be as far as it's audio wave effects. All music is a mesh of sine waves and all frequencies (and sizes)seem to pervade the Universe... The same way the planets affect you, you affect the planets. Smile

Kind Regards,
AMR
http://www.alvaromrocha.com
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a flautist blows a single note, how often does the note chosen actually hit the actual pure played note? On a sound wave graph it will simply pass through the 'pure' note on its journey in irregular fluctuation.

As we know, this search for perfection was the down fall of early Synthesis, until the realisation that sound, is more natural and easy on the ear in fluctuating waves.

I did a very nervous little talk about this at school with my ARP Odyssey. I realise I am not talking to my classmates now btw
Danextgen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
Sorry, Sharp. Popular stress therapy in Western science also involves trying to relieve pressure from work or whatever and trying to make time for yourself. There is no scientific basis for acupuncture at all. Moreover, it is based on ancient (pre-scientific) Chinese philosophy. Hypothesis, testing and analysis doesn't come into it. That's why it's still considered alternative medicine. More power to you if it helps you, but it's not the right analogy to convince us.

It's still considered alternative medicine because like all "alternative medicines" it's not commercially viable in the sense that it doesn't require people to take extra chemical medicine. No chemicals, no profit.

It's incredible the number of blind, close minded and spiritually dormant people in here.

Sharp, you're right. Modern people are psychologically very inferior compared to ancient people, precisely because they were in a awareness level that is rare nowadays. They connected mentally and spiritually and that is all about our inner frequency.

The 432hz tuning subject is really interesting and people (especially musicians in this case) should wake up and just stop being blind science herd and start FEELING more.
arne v

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my kronos set to -32 or 432 in globalmode. Smile
But check out this cool video:http://vimeo.com/111593305

CYMATICS: Science Vs. Music - Nigel Stanford

How sound affects "stuff" Wink
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arne v wrote:

That was VERY enjoyable. Cool

Regards
Sharp.
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arne v wrote:

Wonderful stuff, in fact beautiful. Thanks
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danextgen wrote:
SanderXpander wrote:
Sorry, Sharp. Popular stress therapy in Western science also involves trying to relieve pressure from work or whatever and trying to make time for yourself. There is no scientific basis for acupuncture at all. Moreover, it is based on ancient (pre-scientific) Chinese philosophy. Hypothesis, testing and analysis doesn't come into it. That's why it's still considered alternative medicine. More power to you if it helps you, but it's not the right analogy to convince us.

It's still considered alternative medicine because like all "alternative medicines" it's not commercially viable in the sense that it doesn't require people to take extra chemical medicine. No chemicals, no profit.

It's incredible the number of blind, close minded and spiritually dormant people in here.

Sharp, you're right. Modern people are psychologically very inferior compared to ancient people, precisely because they were in a awareness level that is rare nowadays. They connected mentally and spiritually and that is all about our inner frequency.

The 432hz tuning subject is really interesting and people (especially musicians in this case) should wake up and just stop being blind science herd and start FEELING more.

No it's because in double blind testing, no significant advantage to the therapy has been found.
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that the Placebo effect works but baffles science.

There is still room for mystery in this precise world IMO.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The placebo effect does work and doesn't baffle science. The term actually comes from science.

I'm gonna try to get back to Kronos posting now, even though I feel goaded into responding I don't really like this stuff on this board.

There is music for everyone! I'm really looking forward to the new OS! Maybe we'll get a wider tuning range too and everyone can enjoy music in whatever tuning they see fit. I understand they did change/expand the way custom scales work, that should help for those looking for harmonicity with custom tunings!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: