Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tune your KRONOS to 432hz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Be careful not to conflate patterns in nature with the patterns in human-created math systems.

We count to 10 because we have 10 fingers, and thus our main number system is base 10: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. The number 432 is base 10, and thus only has meaning within a base 10 numbering system. Its premise is base 10, and any argument invalidating that premise also invalidates any logical construct derived from that premise.

I'd have to disagree with you on that. You count 10 not because you have 10 fingers, it's because where you are from they use the Metric System and it's been drilled into your brain since you were a kid in school. In countries where the Imperial System is used they count 12, again not because they have 12 fingers.

Just look at the numbers and forget standards.

It all gets back to Tesla and his 3 6 and 9. If you look at the diagram in the last video where the numbers are laid out, you will see how everything in the universe can be calculated off that table.

As for 432 being a base of 10, I don't agree. I believe it's 12 because of the rules behind Tesla's 3 6 and 9.

432 Hz / 12 = 36

There's your 3 and your 6 that can only exist because of the 9 on the table.

Looks what happened when you add 3 and 6, you get 9

Resulting in 432 Hz = 3,6,9

Another example, for Earth to pass through one complete cycle of the Constellations it takes 25,920 Years. Years which are a measurement of time (12).

12 X 5 = 60
60 X “432Khz” = 25,920

Another example, the diameter of our Sun is 865,000 miles. Remove 000 as null values and you have 865.

“432hz” X 2 = 865

And so on.....
Even shapes obey 3 6 and 9
A circle has 360 degrees. (3+6+0=9)
Semicircle has 180 degrees. (1+8+0=9)
One fourth of circle has 90 degrees. (9+0=9)
45 degree (4+5=9)
22.5 degree. (2+2+5=9)
11.25 degree (1+1+2+5=9)

Same rules apply to the entire universe. It's everywhere.

Quote:
So while pi, the golden ratio, the Fibonacci series, the inverse square, etc all definitely represent beautiful patterns in nature, don't confuse the map for the territory. Base 10 is the human-created map, but it is not the exact same thing as real nature, which is the territory.

I find that if you do the research you will see that all these amazing theories are also connected to the subject of this thread and that the people who discovered them are the ones who ultimately applied man made scientific rules that prevent them from seeing the full scope of their discoveries.

Fibonacci sequence for example starts at 1 because that's what people normally do. Where if you do some research on the Net, you will see others have been looking at this from a code breaking point of view starting at 3. When they do, every road leads back to Tesla's 3 6 and 9 with perfect maths.

Quote:
As an aside though, if you do an A/B comparison of a piece of music in 440Hz vs 432Hz, you can achieve a more pleasant sound with 432, simply because it is tuned down. Tuning guitars down gives a beefier sound not because of some base 10 reason, but simply because the physical tension is looser.

The mere fact it sounds better to your ears should count for something very profound. Science does not measure love, gut feelings, spiritual awareness or any of the things in life that make you feel alive. Yet we know all these things do exist. So why trust science so much for an explanation?

If it feels right, that's what should matter most. Especially when making music.

Regards
Sharp.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Thanks a million for that Derek.

Sincerely appreciated you sharing that story. Amazing.

Sharp.

No worries. I'm glad you found it interesting after all the effort of writing it! Smile

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
I'd have to disagree with you on that. You count 10 not because you have 10 fingers, it's because where you are from they use the Metric System and it's been drilled into your brain since you were a kid in school. In countries where the Imperial System is used they count 12, again not because they have 12 fingers.

Sorry, must disagree with YOU on that.

The metric system where larger and smaller units of measurement are based on multiples of 10 came completely after humans developed a system of mathematics based on 10 digits. And there's a reason why "digits" can be used to refer to either numbers or fingers. Wink

The Imperial System is also based on base 10 math. To say that because they have a unit named a "foot" which contains 12 inches means you "count to 12" is completely wrong. 12 inches is a base 10 measurement.

If you were counting to 12, you would have two other symbols in use besides 0-9, such as A and B. A foot (12 inches) in base 12 would be 10, because you would count 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,10.

Zeroesque

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
432 Hz / 12 = 36

There's your 3 and your 6 that can only exist because of the 9 on the table.

You mean 30 and 6, right?

Sharp wrote:
“432hz” X 2 = 865

Being wrong on the math does not help your argument.

Sharp wrote:

And so on.....
Even shapes obey 3 6 and 9
A circle has 360 degrees. (3+6+0=9)
Semicircle has 180 degrees. (1+8+0=9)
One fourth of circle has 90 degrees. (9+0=9)
45 degree (4+5=9)
22.5 degree. (2+2+5=9)
11.25 degree (1+1+2+5=9)

What about the next one?
360 is an arbitrary number that's been in use for a few millennia. Nothing special about it beyond aesthetic and expedience.

Sharp wrote:

Same rules apply to the entire universe. It's everywhere.

Numbers that actually apply to the entire universe are constants like c, e, pi...hardly nice round numbers convenient for a specious argument to laymen.

Thank you psi and Stephen for adding some much-needed rationality to the conversation.

Also, Tesla was a world-class genius. And crazy. Bat-$h1t crazy.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:

The metric system where larger and smaller units of measurement are based on multiples of 10 came completely after humans developed a system of mathematics based on 10 digits. And there's a reason why "digits" can be used to refer to either numbers or fingers. Wink

The Imperial System is also based on base 10 math. To say that because they have a unit named a "foot" which contains 12 inches means you "count to 12" is completely wrong. 12 inches is a base 10 measurement.

If you were counting to 12, you would have two other symbols in use besides 0-9, such as A and B. A foot (12 inches) in base 12 would be 10, because you would count 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,10.

That's totally ok, as I said in that post, just look at the numbers and forget standards. What defines 10 and 12 as important numbers is not important at all.

The important numbers are 3 6 and 9 as Tesla explains.

Regards
Sharp.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
StephenKay wrote:

That's totally ok, as I said in that post, just look at the numbers and forget standards. What defines 10 and 12 as important numbers is not important at all.

Regards
Sharp.

I still think you're missing the point that Zeroesque was making. Let's take the 360 degree number (3 + 6 + 0 = 9) as you say. This only works in Base 10 math.

In Base 12, a circle could still be divided into 360 portions (degrees), but the number would be represented as 260. 2 + 6 + 0 = 8. Don't believe me? Try this base convertor:

http://www.unitconversion.org/numbers/base-10-to-base-12-conversion.html

So Tesla's magic formula presupposes that the entire natural Universe uses Base 10 (which was developed by humans with 10 digits).

However, suppose there are aliens with 16 fingers/digits? The "Hexadecimalites" (being far more advanced than us, since they can calculate raw MIDI data on their fingers) would represent 360 degrees as 168. Again, Tesla's formula does not apply.

360 in Base 10 is 260 in Base 12 and 168 in Base 16.

There's more than one system of mathematical expression, and the "magic formula" only works with one of them.

I don't know if 432 Hz "sounds better" than 440 Hz, but I have to agree with Zeroesque on this. Wink

KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open the following links in two different browser windows, then start both generators. Laughing

http://onlinetonegenerator.com
http://onlinetonegenerator.com/432Hz.html

You can also use different waveforms, frequencies, amplitudes, etc.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Open the following links in two different browser windows, then start both generators. Laughing

http://onlinetonegenerator.com
http://onlinetonegenerator.com/432Hz.html

You can also use different waveforms, frequencies, amplitudes, etc.

Thanks for that! It really illustrates what a tiny difference in pitch we are talking about here. Wink

Zeroesque

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
However, suppose there are aliens with 16 fingers/digits? The "Hexadecimalites" (being far more advanced than us, since they can calculate raw MIDI data on their fingers) would represent 360 degrees as 168. Again, Tesla's formula does not apply.

Yeah, but 0x168 = 0x1 + 0x6 + 0x8 = 0x15 = 21 = 2 + 1 = 3

OMG it's 3!

You still head to NAMM these days?
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeroesque wrote:
StephenKay wrote:

Yeah, but 0x168 = 0x1 + 0x6 + 0x8 = 0x15 = 21 = 2 + 1 = 3

OMG it's 3!

3d Faint

Quote:
You still head to NAMM these days?

Not recently, not this time, no good reason to drop a couple grand. Maybe next year...

ITguy54

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
Sharp wrote:
StephenKay wrote:

Regards
Sharp.

I still think you're missing the point that Zeroesque was making. Let's take the 360 degree number (3 + 6 + 0 = 9) as you say. This only works in Base 10 math.

In Base 12, a circle could still be divided into 360 portions (degrees), but the number would be represented as 260. 2 + 6 + 0 = 8. Don't believe me? Try this base convertor:

http://www.unitconversion.org/numbers/base-10-to-base-12-conversion.html

So Tesla's magic formula presupposes that the entire natural Universe uses Base 10 (which was developed by humans with 10 digits).

360 in Base 10 is 260 in Base 12 and 168 in Base 16.

There's more than one system of mathematical expression, and the "magic formula" only works with one of them.

I don't know if 432 Hz "sounds better" than 440 Hz, but I have to agree with Zeroesque on this. Wink

Thank you, Steven. It may be all for naught. I tried bring bringing reason and logic to this discussion as well, noting the math problems with the theory as well as some factual errors. You can only try though.
ExcelMusicStudio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:59 am    Post subject: frequency tweek Reply with quote

this has been rolling around in the back seat of my brain for a while , I really don't feel , discern , receive , pickup on this , , , healing frequency stuff, ,, I'm not insensitive or unable to read vibrations ,,,, it seem all realtive to me,,, absolute ratios such as pythagorean tunings of harmonics can occur with whole numbers & fractions of numbers,,, but if it jibes it jibes maaaaaaaan ,,, ha ha ha

Songwriter , Lyricist , Music Producer
Korg Kronos 73 , Korg Wavestation SR , Korg M1Rex , Korg A2 Effects , Alesis D4 , Alesis DM5 , Alesis DMpro , Alesis QS4r , Passac Sentient 6 , Roland GP16 , Kurzweil K2000r , Creamware Pulsar , 37 guitars & basses , whacky sense of humour , glass of orange juice.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that video and this thread is quite ... something.

So say I tune my my instrument to 432 ... how do I know it's tuned to that frequency anyway? The frequency of the quartz crystal in my Kronos will change based on ambient temperature. What's the mathematically perfect temperature for my Kronos to be at? Presumably it needs to be one where all the digits add to 9, and since I live in a metric hemisphere, that means my music room will need to be at either 9 or 18 degrees. Hopefully one of those two temperatures will give me the exact 432hz I need to unlock the cosmic power of the hive mind or whatever.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Neely and Rick Beato are pretty well-like experts on music theory. Here's what they say:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=adam+neely+432
Purgatory

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Tune your KRONOS to 432hz Reply with quote

Testing 432 Hz Frequencies (and temperaments)

Good video and shows the reality.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: