Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca Keys : absolute beginner needs basic instruction

View previous topic :: View next topic  
james in Sheffield

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Volca Keys : absolute beginner needs basic instruction Reply with quote

Hey, i'm a total synth beginner, the Volca Keys is my first.

I'm stuck with the record/sequencing. Is there any basic tutorial or has anyone already described a 'getting started' guide? The videos by Automatic Gainsay are good but still get lost, don't get it.
I've tried to record but there seem to be pre-set melodies already, and i think i can delete the notes but new notes i put in seem to have existibg effects on them, how do i delere those and have completely clear tracks to record on to?

I'm sure its an amazing instrument but I'm just missing the basic knowledge. If someone can help me out it would be great.

Cheers
james
Sheffield,
South Yorkshire
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James,

Basic knowledge starts with the manual: http://media.aadl.org/files/catalog_guides/1444140_instructions.pdf

Read that and be sure you know all the functions for the synth.

Before you record press FUNC+CLEAR ALL. That will clear the current pattern you're on. (if you press it twice it reverts) You're now free to record on a fresh blank pattern. The manual covers that along with everything else you need to know how to run the unit.

But if you have questions about actual synthesis, technique, etc., then come back and ask us.
atb1983

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like your new notes are also being modified by a Motion Sequence. You can use the FUNC keys and turn motion recording to OFF and also CLEAR the currently recorded motion sequence. That might help to get you back to a more blank slate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: