Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Failed to Open MIDI Device

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mKryten

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Failed to Open MIDI Device Reply with quote

I thought others might find this useful and hopefully, on the forum, easy to find; cos the few solution discussions I found jump into editing registry entries Sad .
So my shiny KORG TRITON taktile-49 worked with Windows 7 generic driver, then stopped working when I installed KORG USB-MIDI Driver Shocked .. Crying or Very sad
Finally found a video for fixing nanoKONTROL2 midi problem, Simon says "The Korg software doesn't recognise anything after about channel ten"!! and EUREKA!! Idea My computer has 3 USB slots and several devices, each over time has installed on each of the USB, so by the time I got my taktile the KORG USB-MIDI was assigned midi19: (and wasn't working)
You can simply use the KORG USB-MIDI Driver Tool -> Uninstall KORG USB-MIDI Device. In the KORG MIDI Driver Uninstall Utitlity you can see all the midi port assignments, in Option... uncheck the [Delete KORG MIDI Device only].
You can now remove KORG drivers with double-digit midiXX: assignments AND some other drivers to free up some of the single-digit midi slots. When the uninstall(s) are complete simply plug your KORG device back in and it will install on the first free slot; now it will be visible in MIDI selection and you don't get "Failed to Open MIDI Device" errors, i.e. it now works! Phew, it's not broken. Very Happy

That's how I got my KORG TRITON taktile-49 back on it's feet after a day of frustration and bad language.
Q: Why is the fact Korg software needs a device intalled on a specific range of ports not printed in big letters on the box?! Confused Rolling Eyes Is it mentioned? Did I miss it? (I guess until you know the answer, you don't know how to ask the question Wink)

Aanyway - Now, back to the music Cool Laughing
GRHbusnut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:33 am    Post subject: Failed to open midi device Reply with quote

Hey thanks for the info, I tried this and it solved my problem with my Nanopad2 not being recognized. Saved me a ton of trial and error. Now I can go play my guitar! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> New Members Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: